Mega Man 9

lazygecko

Anyone who says they didn't have a hard time is a liar, I don't care HOW good you are. I grew up with the freaking series and I had a hard time. I yelled certain four lettered words out loud playing that game. I probably had to replay every level 2 or 3 times.

Galaxy man is the easiest boss.

Uh...can you say Splash Woman??

Uh...can you say Splash Woman??

Splash Woman is nowhere near as retarded easy as Galaxy Man. I mean, once you've fought him twice (even if that's just two deaths), he shouldn't be able to hit you ever again. Now Splash Woman, if you don't leave yourself quite enough room to run in or don't turn exactly right to avoid her tridents, still stands a reasonable chance of hitting you in any given fight.

Beat the game today. Wily stages took me 3-4 hours to conquer (not sure if that's good or not for a first try).

I'd give this game a B+. It's a great return to the games of old, but could have been better. The music disappoints me most. I found Tornado Man's stage and Wily Stage 2 to be the most impressive. I'd probably put the difficulty as higher than Mega Man 2, yet lower than Mega Man 3.

I'm definitely gonna get Protoman and the endless stage. I'll probably work on some more of those challenges at some point, but a good amount of them are hopelessly difficult for me. (I'm a human being, not a perfect gaming machine!)

Nice remix Elektrowaz. But it's not so much a Mega Man tribute as it is a straight-up Wily Stage 1 techno remix. Not saying there's anything wrong with that...

INJIN, Megaman 2 had deathtraps also. The entire end of the Quick Man stage was awful in that regard.

I'm not saying I disagree, because most Megaman games have their share of death traps. Except I don't think most Megaman really used them as much as MM9 did that's all.

It's definitely a really tough game, but it's not unreasonable with the powerups. I think some older games might have been tougher without having Beat or buyable E-tanks.

I finally beat Wily. I was trying to avoid using E-Tanks, ended up using the two e-tanks I bothered to pick up over to course of the game. Didn't buy anything from that stupid shop. I think if I could get through Wily's 1st form without getting hit (which I occasionally do), I could deal with the 2nd form as I finally got the timing down for dodging the stupid fire. The attack where Wily's 3rd form fires 4 purple balls is what I can't figure out how to 100% avoid.

Now, I'm working on the "Trusty Sidearm" (Mega Buster kills on the Robot Masters) challenge, as that's just fun. The boss fights are super cheap if you use special weapons correctly which I did, as on my first run-through I refused to kill a boss without the proper special weapon and kept doing trail-and-error until I figured out the boss order. After that will try to kill all the bosses without my helmet. That seems pretty hard since you must get through their stage without dying and you take more damage but doable. Once I do that, I'm done with this game, unless I decide to buy the Hard mode DLC assuming it comes out for the PS3.

EDIT: So apparently by not buying anything from the shop, I basically played as Proto Man without his benefits/penalties. I was told the shop was there to mitigate the old school difficulty for people new to the franchise which is why I avoided it.

hahahaha... how did you wind up wasting your black hole bomb, there's like no other enemy to use it on before then except maybe the fire dragon

unless it killed you a couple times before you got its pattern down, I can see that

challenges note: after starting my second complete run-through of the game and getting bunny hop on galaxy man's stage (easiest boss to not jump a lot against, I think, and also a pretty easy stage if you think it through and don't waste a lot of jumps), I am 51% on challenges

also I just beat wily the second day in a row so tomorrow I will beat him again to get that challenge, and also on my day off I'll beat him 5 times in a row to get that challenge... but I'm kind of running out of easy ones to get, now

T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-Thursday?!

What other games am I supposed to stall with until then? I just completed all the advanced portal levels today! I suppose I can attempt Mega Man 2 on difficult mode, since I breezed thru normal in just over an hour...But that only covers tomorrow!

I really hope that was just a typo, since Marketplace almost always updates on wednesday.

I was going to get Proto Man, but ended up getting Endless Attack instead, and it's awesome.

I love how some of the rooms are taken straight out of earlier games. My current record is 31 screens, though I would've gotten further if I wasn't so stubborn in sticking with the Mega Buster during the Jewel Man battle in Screen 30.