OCR01724 - Metal Gear "Snake's Revenge"

djpretzel

Ok, that's a bit freaky, I was listening a few hours ago to the astonishing "Metal Gear Solid Legend of the Snake OC ReMix" by Ruben Kee (May he Rest In Peace :( ), and I was thinking that Its been a while since there's been a Metal Gear or MGS remix....and there it is!

Fantastic job musicalman!! The power is there and the feeling as well!! It's just amazing!

Great ocremix ^^

Good Continuation Dude!

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Clean mix, impressive arrangement. Although, for some reason, i get a distinct Michiru Yamane feel from the guitar work. Maintains a bit of semblance to the classic structure of a military march, but deviates in the best possible way.

Definitely looking forward to more submissions like this one.

• 1 month later...

When I first heard this one at DoD, I thought "Virt? Viiiiiiirt!!! Why did you redo your song from a few years back?"

After a few listens, though, it was pretty clear it was a different guy altogether doing a somewhat similar song on the surface, but underneath, there are a lot of unique differences.

The guitar playing on this is beautiful, great emotion and some good chops to boot, a few sections that seemed a little sloppy, but it's solid (lolz) where it counts. The chorus sections are excellent, and really help make the song great.

Arrangement and flow are excellent, with the vocal samples and sound efffects used to add punch to transitions in a tasteful and cool way. It kicks up the song a lot, and the varied soundscapes and colors are great.

This one is great, I wish there was some more from Musicalman all up in this.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

The intro and the outro couldn't be more different, which I don't really care about, but I find the intro interesting seeings as it seems to suggest one direction for the mix straight out, and then it's thrust into quite another. In terms of melody, I strongly, STRONGLY agree with the direction taken.

The ending turns this mix into what was above average into top-tier stuff. Great guitar, great arrangement, great everything. Love it.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01724 - Metal Gear "Snake's Revenge"
  • 5 years later...

Operatic-classical fanfare to start and straight into headbanging-worthy slaying of the Metal Gear theme. MGS and Greggson-Williams meets oldschool. Great understated but featurable vox that's relevant and not overdone. Killer ReMix...pity we don't have too much here from Musicalman. Come back to us!

Edited by Dyluck
spelling....

This remix goes way harder than the original! Some of the samples sound dated to me, but his performance and arrangement shine through, no doubt. First time listening to Musicalman's stuff, but I'm gonna go check out the rest of his stuff.