Spore

atmuh

Why the hell isn't there some version of the Flying Spaghetti Monster...? :/

give it a little more time, the trial only has a quarter of the parts... I'm sure the FSM will show up not long after the full version gets widespread.

EDIT: Omega: of course people will make things like that... though the fact that there is also a Purple Tentacle, a Mad Cat, and a Cacodemon is pretty awesome. hopefully, the other horrid abominations at that link will not be around for long (as you can ban things from your personal sporepedia)

Argh, this is getting annoying. I really want to try this out, but I can't get past the ESRB screen. It just goes black and then crashes back to the desktop. I meet all the minimum system requirements, yet it won't work. The computer isn't even registering that the game is even crashing in the Event Viewer. I can't figure it out... Anyone else have/had this problem?

Argh, this is getting annoying. I really want to try this out, but I can't get past the ESRB screen. It just goes black and then crashes back to the desktop. I meet all the minimum system requirements, yet it won't work. The computer isn't even registering that the game is even crashing in the Event Viewer. I can't figure it out... Anyone else have/had this problem?

man that sucks and no i have not heard of this problem ever

if you still cant get it by the time im home from work (6pm est) ill try to find a fix

man that sucks and no i have not heard of this problem ever

if you still cant get it by the time im home from work (6pm est) ill try to find a fix

Thanks. Incidentally, I managed to get it to stay running until it transitions to the EA logo (a whole two seconds longer! :roll: ) by forcing it to run in windowed mode, but it's still crashing every single time I run it. So... it seems like it could be a graphics issue. My graphics card is listed under the supported cards (GeForce 6800), but perhaps my problem is that it's the laptop version of it that's causing the problem? I've never heard of a game (or any other program, for that matter) being supported under the desktop version but completely fail to run under the laptop version of a card, though, so I'm skeptical here.

Actually I had this problem last night when I installed it on my XP desktop.

I did a few things to get it to work, though I dont know what did it, so heres basically what I did.

Uninstall spore creature creator, uninstall the download manager, reinstall spore, tell no to the installation to the download manager. When starting up the program, leave the mouse alone till it gets to the main screen with the galaxy in the background.

Anyway thats what fixed it for me.

Uninstall spore creature creator, uninstall the download manager, reinstall spore, tell no to the installation to the download manager. When starting up the program, leave the mouse alone till it gets to the main screen with the galaxy in the background.

This.

Thank you so much. That worked for me, and now I can enjoy the game like everyone else! And yes... this is great. Now I'm looking forward to the full game even more than I was before.

oh yeah now that the official thing is out people can do that straight to youtube like rd

if you want post your youtube account and ill throw it on the fist post

also im tryin to get drack to add spore to the clanocr database so we can friend each other and share dudes

OK, I am having way too much fun with this thing. I don't believe I've made anything particularly noteworthy yet, but I'm working on it. I just feel a bit limited (for good reason) with the trial version. Still, once I start getting the hang of it, maybe I'll post a few of my abominations.

This.

Thank you so much. That worked for me, and now I can enjoy the game like everyone else! And yes... this is great. Now I'm looking forward to the full game even more than I was before.

glad to have helped ^^

I'll have to post some of my creations later, created a Piranha Plant earlier today. Though you guys can see it and two other creations on my sporepedia profile at http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Sora-Chan

I'm currently unable to post images at the moment since my current computer setup is in TV mode while I play .hack//GU. So maybe when I get done playing it for the night I'll grab some pics of those three and the others I've done but havnt shared.

No matter how hard I try, my creatures always end up looking like giant robots.... I think I'm happy with that though. :)

I PRESENT TO YOU... SHOGUN CRABTRON!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAryfHXXwJ8

This is ridiculously fun. I can't believe a mere creature creator is such a blast. I hope the rest of the game is fun as well.

Off to make an Octorok and whatever enemies from video games I can think of.

Nice toejam up in the beginning by the way! :)

For some reason, it won't let me upload to my existing Youtube account, so you guys'll just have to settle for some snapshots. I'm really digging this thing so far, but I want more parts. So I'll be grabbing the full version when it's out.

CRE_Buzzbar-06828718_ful.png

This Buzzber was my first creation with it. The interface is so simple, I was able to whip him up in no time at all.

CRE_HandstandMonkey-06828719_ful.png

My second creature was this Handstand Monkey as an experiment. I really wish I could upload videos because it's awesome to see him walking around on his "hands."

CRE_Bolegg-0682ac99_ful.png

I goofed around with it some more and didn't make anything terribly interesting until this guy. I call him Bolegg. He walks funny.

http://www.simprograms.com/?p=692

Get ready to bring out some... "specialized apps" when you're screwed...

Shame too as I'm interested in messing around with it...

Yeah, that's screwed up. DRM will be the death of computer gaming. If I run into that error with Spore after purchasing it, I'll have no moral problem with finding another way to play the game.

You don't get this kind of crap with console gaming. You can use your disk on as many consoles you want and even resell them later or trade with a friend. Though I'm sure some game industry baron would love to stop that too.