Spore

atmuh

HOLY SHIIIIIITTTTTT

THIS IS A MUST SEE, LOOK AT THE RATINGS!!!

http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B000FKBCX4

I only have so much restraint not to laugh out loud...

HAHAHHAHHAHAHA

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Haha, that's great. I'm pretty interested in the game, although I'll be checking it out over at a friend's house later to see how I like it. The DRM sounds pretty over-the-top, the one which is most eyebrow-raising to me is only getting to activate it 3 times. I'd almost rather not get the game, just because I don't wanna support that bullshit...might change my mind after I sit down with it for a bit.

by the way, securom isn't that hard to deal with.

Also, This game kicks ass, got to civilization mode last night and made the terrible discoverey that a single military city and the rest economic doesnt work at all.....

haha, I might play the game again, but this time be more peaceful. I went all military cities and bulldozed over everyone with a massive army in like 20 mins. It was kinda sad :(

Going the religious route in Civ is super easy, especially if you were Social in creature stage. You just build a successful city and spam your vehicles (mine is the pope mobile) at the opposing team. If anybody gives you too much trouble, use the Diplo Dervish power and they'll stop attacking for about a minute.

:nicework: I went through the first 4 stages again on Hard mode trying not to kill anything.

And think they can change something by not buying it.
Yeah! Fuck capitalism!

Except that I'm sure Spore will turn a hefty profit with or without a bunch of "concerned citizens of the internet" boycotting it. The Sims series sold 100 million copies... I don't see Spore doing too badly for itself.

The product is simply too desirable for that kind of thinking to apply.

Yeah, in theory, they could do something, but I doubt that they will make a noticeable dent in sales for EA/Maxis to notice. Personally, I'm opposed to DRM, but this has been blown waaay out of proportion. Plus, the hubris of the internet is a little grating.

Space is fucking hard! I can't keep up with where all of the systems are. Takes me forever to find what I need. But I love it!

There are a few HUD toggles on the lower left corner of the screen. If you click on Missions, there is usually a red circle indicating the general area of the star system you need.

I'm seriously considering picking up this game for my intel mac (Intel core 2 duo; that'll work, right?) But I'm a little confused. FIrst, does the full game come with the $10 creature creator you could buy separately, and second, is it worth the $50? What I mean is, how long does the game last for the money?

Concerning DRM and Securom: My little bro bought the game straight from the EA website downloader. We don't have DRM or securom as a result. Don't ask me how that works, but we can both play the game using the same username at the same time using our networked computers.

Oh, and the game itself is quite amusing...am I the only one making friends with every single other race? I'll go conquesting on my next monster.

Fucking hate the Grox.

I'm just far enough to be annoyed by them - and it's gonna get worse... ugh.

Also, I found a planet named Amysoper. Sounded a lot like a name, so I looked her up and apparently she's a professional photographer? Weird. I'm just starting to do real space exploration... what's the most interesting thing anyone's found out there in that big ol' galaxy?

I have just enough allies to fill my fleet. But yea, the space section is just so addicting. I've been playing it for hours and I've encountered about 5 empires near mine, but when I went exploring a bit, I ran into like 5 more, it's just so huge. I could probably play for like, a year straight and still not encounter every empire and conquer or ally them.