.wav problems

D4nceKing

Hi all, It's not a glamourous first post but I'm stuck. My problem is with the sounds like Kick,Clap,Snare.etc. I recently downloaded and Installed FL Studio 8 Demo, and I started to look around and stuff. Next I inputted the musical rythm, then I go to hit play and ablsolutly no sound plays. Yes I checked to make sure my speakers/Headphones were working but it's not playing. So I go to check \Data\Patches\Packs\ and investigated it to see if the files were there. They all were there and the sound played well when I ran them through windows media player, but for some reason it's not playing in FL Studio. It even has this red glow on the tabs....I don't know if that's a good thing or not. Can someone explain what's going on?

Hi all, It's not a glamourous first post but I'm stuck. My problem is with the sounds like Kick,Clap,Snare.etc. I recently downloaded and Installed FL Studio 8 Demo, and I started to look around and stuff. Next I inputted the musical rythm, then I go to hit play and ablsolutly no sound plays. Yes I checked to make sure my speakers/Headphones were working but it's not playing. So I go to check \Data\Patches\Packs\ and investigated it to see if the files were there. They all were there and the sound played well when I ran them through windows media player, but for some reason it's not playing in FL Studio. It even has this red glow on the tabs....I don't know if that's a good thing or not. Can someone explain what's going on?

The files may or may not be in the right location. Also, try to view the waveform on the sample tab and reload (right-click). You could save your songs as .zip, helping you in case you get rid of any instruments or lose them, but they take up more space, usually 10x more than .flp files. Last, just paste the same instrument on the red one and reload it to solve the red sores, lol.

Additionally, I'll tell you this: if you ever have rhythmical issues with sound effects, save them as waves instead of mp3's; you can get timing problems with mp3 samples.