And You Thought Mortal Kombat Was Gory and Over-The-Top With Their Finishing Moves

TheSnowStorm

YouTube - Eternal Champions Cinekills

Yeah, only like, 10 of us here on OC Remix played Eternal Champions when it first came out. I still remember this game. Joe Liberman wanna bitch on how Mortal Kombat was over-the-top with their finishing moves, Eternal Champions was just gory.

Also, death by clown car; The best death scene in a video game of all time!

The SEGA Genesis verison wasn't as gory as I remember

But Challenge from the Dark Side . . .

Yeah, that would make even Mortal Kombat blush.

I've been pimping EC:CFtDS for years. While the Genesis version is a letdown overall, the Sega CD sequel was better on every front. Better graphics, much better music, rather detailed and copious levels of gore, better controls and gameplay, and lots of extra characters. It's not the best BEZT FIGHTAR EVAR, but it's fun, and trying the find the dozens of different death spots was fun.

Oh yeah, and the deaths? Woooooo boy... they're just brutal, sometimes very much so. They make MK II's stuff look tame :lol:

And just for old time's sake...

DawsonVendetta2UnModA.gif

This is...kind of a random thread.

Whatever. Anybody remember Time Killers? Yeah, didn't think so.

I remember it, unfortunately. Iffy graphics, horrid animation (even for its time), lame moves and characters, bad music and controls, and gore that wasn't all that gory (cartoony gore). In fact, it also got a port to the Genesis, where they actually made a bad arcade game, worse :lol:

I remember Eternal Champions. It was a so-so Genesis game. I've always wanted to play the Sega CD version, but my Sega CD broke before the game was released. Stupid POS Sega CD. "shakes fist"

Same here. I wanted the SEGA CD verison of Eternal Champions but my brother SEGA CD was damage as well. (Cries)

Damn, I need to find a ROM for that game.

And from the people who brought you "Time Killers"

Goddamn!

Those Eternal Champion finishers are brutal to the point of being disturbing. If young Wingless played that game, I'd like the *idea* of the ultra violence. But in practice, I'd probably be too wrecked to play it for long. Latter-day Wingless can appreciate the game from a statutes and standards viewpoint.

But still, the body's still alive without its skin and its lower torso. THAT BODY FEELS EVERYTHING HAPPENING TO IT!!!

arhghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I remember it, unfortunately. Iffy graphics, horrid animation (even for its time), lame moves and characters, bad music and controls, and gore that wasn't all that gory (cartoony gore). In fact, it also got a port to the Genesis, where they actually made a bad arcade game, worse :lol:

Yes, I used to play this every time I went to Gulf Shores. It was in an arcade there for years, and I love how you could lose limbs mid-battle and keep going.

The CD version was awesome if only for having a politician character that threw red tape at people.

I always felt the chicken and the chihuahua were more defining.

Shame that the Saturn game got canned. I would have loved to have seen what would have come from that with the extra colors and memory. But I guess we'll never know what 'The Final Chapter' held for us, since Sega dropped the ax on it in favor of porting Virtua Fighter.

if u get both ur arms cut off and u still win u get an armless win.