Site idea: Game composer contact info?

Shadow Wolf

Okay, so I just had an idea. I'm listening to the Elder Scrolls 4 soundtrack right now, contemplating how beautiful it is, and I'm thinking "I wish I could let Jeremy Soule know personally how much I like this soundtrack." Then it occurred to me that Jeremy has a mix posted here. That doesn't necessarily mean I can contact him, but it gave me an idea. Certain composers have expressed their support for the site before: Tommy Tallarico, Jeremy Soule, Hiroki Kikuta, etc.

Wouldn't it be cool if we could e-mail them? Obviously some folks don't want to be bothered by millions of fanboys, but all we can do is ask them, and the worst they can do is say no, right?

I'm sure a lot of these composers have guestbooks and such on their personal websites as well, we could start cobbling resources like that together, and find a way to share the love.

Anyhow, what do you think?

You could always do a ReMix; that seems the obvious answer in letting composers know how much you appreciate their music on this site. I'm sure Jeremy Soule would hear it if it were posted.

Also, I doubt anyone would want to receive emails from strangers that read, "OMGGGG!!1!1 i totally <3 U SO MUCH!!1!!" regardless of how sincere they were.

Additionally, OCR already posts the composers' personal website, which has their contant information, including their email addresses. No need to spread these composers email addresses across the forums. Anyway, Jeremy Soule's webpage is here.

Also, I doubt anyone would want to receive emails from strangers that read, "OMGGGG!!1!1 i totally <3 U SO MUCH!!1!!" regardless of how sincere they were.

Additionally, OCR already posts the composers' personal website, which has their contant information, including their email addresses. No need to spread these composers email addresses across the forums. Anyway, Jeremy Soule's webpage is here.

That isn't 100% how I would have answered it, but yeah, that's...basically it. :lol:

dear mr soule

i heard ur remix on ocr and i thought it wuiz SOOO COOOL!!! u are totally cool i love ur music!!! i was wondering if you could listen to some of my remixes that i mdade of ur music i've got about 25 remixes and counting right now can u listen to them!! if u think there good u can put them in a game under ur name idont care lol u can find them on jeremeysouleluvr.googlepages.com

thx for listening! I LOVE U!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-souleluvr25

http://tallarico.com/index.php?s=home

Good luck trying to talk with Tommy. The forums is a bit in the dead zone because the fact Tommy's been focus on Video Games Live. The fans who post on his boards aren't your typical "omg! tommmy i luv u!" fools.

This is going to be a stupid question but when Soule arranged Final Fantasy VI's Tera's theme, did he used a live orchestra? (Here comes the flames).

I think I might check out Soule's and his works for his insight in composing.

I personally have had the distinct pleasure of hanging out with Tommy Tallarico, Jack Wall, Gerard K. Marino, and others in person. And, I've received e-mails from Peter McConnell, Alexander Brandon, Jeremy Soule, and a few more.

ifirit has the right idea; the best way to introduce yourself with a compliment is to make a remix, send them a link to it, and hope they can check it out. Oddly enough my introduction to Tommy was made via my uber-silly Cool Spot mix!

Know that you're only likely to hear back from English speaking composers though. :)

I personally have had the distinct pleasure of hanging out with Tommy Tallarico, Jack Wall, Gerard K. Marino, and others in person. And, I've received e-mails from Peter McConnell, Alexander Brandon, Jeremy Soule, and a few more.

You lucky bastard!

So, what you are saying that, the best chances of composers talking to you is doing a remix or a cover of their work and they'll give you feedback?

What if you are not a remixer but you still do a cover of thier song on an instrument like the violin or flute, will you still give you feedback?

dear mr soule

i heard ur remix on ocr and i thought it wuiz SOOO COOOL!!! u are totally cool i love ur music!!! i was wondering if you could listen to some of my remixes that i mdade of ur music i've got about 25 remixes and counting right now can u listen to them!! if u think there good u can put them in a game under ur name idont care lol u can find them on jeremeysouleluvr.googlepages.com

thx for listening! I LOVE U!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-souleluvr25

First thoughts when I read this was "yeah, someone would probably write this."

And as for Ifirits response, that about sums it up as to what I would say.

This is going to be a stupid question but when Soule arranged Final Fantasy VI's Tera's theme, did he used a live orchestra? (Here comes the flames).

Squaresoft Variation was produced just like most of his game soundtracks. Soule uses an extensive library of instrument samples (I can't remember the specific ones he promotes) to render his orchestral compositions.

As for the thread's topic, you can usually find some way of getting a message to a composer if you dig around. For American composers, at least.

Squaresoft Variation was produced just like most of his game soundtracks. Soule uses an extensive library of instrument samples (I can't remember the specific ones he promotes) to render his orchestral compositions.

As for the thread's topic, you can usually find some way of getting a message to a composer if you dig around. For American composers, at least.

It actually has a lot of similarities to the Morrowind soundtrack as far as the soundscape goes.