OC ReMixer & DDR OST Contributor Beatdrop Interview & New MMX3 ReMix!

djpretzel

OC ReMixer & DDR Musician Dain 'Beatdrop' Olsen Interview & New MMX3 ReMix!

By: David Lloyd, dlloyd@ocremix.org

"
Whether I'm writing an original or remixing something from a video game, my inspirations never change. My music listening history is one big collage, and I try to pull on all of that.
"

- Dain Olsen, OC ReMix Interview

June 21, 2008

Fairfax, VA -- OverClocked ReMix today published an interview with OC ReMixer & Dance Dance Revolution musician Dain "Beatdrop" Olsen, in addition to posting a brand new ReMix of his from the soundtrack to Capcom's Mega Man X3 for the SNES. Dain talks about the creation of his latest mix, his approach to mixing game music, and his involvement with Konami's DDR competition, which landed him a spot on the soundtrack to Dance Dance Revolution SuperNOVA 2.

The interview is available online at:

http://www.ocremix.org/info/ReMixer_Interview:_Beatdrop_%28Dain_Olsen%29

Mega Man X3 'Revolutions' is available for streaming and free download at:

http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR01727/

About OverClocked ReMix

Founded in 1999, OverClocked ReMix is an organization dedicated to the appreciation, preservation, and interpretation of video game music. Its primary focus is www.ocremix.org, a website featuring hundreds of free fan arrangements, information on game music and composers, resources for aspiring artists, and a thriving community of video game music fans.

A very enjoyable read. Whether it's revamping "Man With A Trance Machine" or coming full circle with his latest MMX3 ReMix, it's commendable how Beatdrop's always finding ways how to improve his musical abilities. I also appreciate his comment that even if the end product is LOUD, as long as there's no unintentional clipping or distortion, then all the better (not his exact words, but you get the idea). Sweet haircut, btw. :-)

Quite humbled by this interview with Beatdrop. Wow, I've been a member just as long as his first track. Its actually what brought me here in the first place. Just a search for MegaMan, and voila. Plus I remember his early demo tracks that he let us sample, until he felt sure enough things were "set in motion".

Glad to see him moving to better things, and alot of possibilities.

Congrats! (and excellent interview)