OCR01727 - Mega Man X3 "Revolutions"

djpretzel

Best mix in awhile the end.

The appearance of the first gritty synth lead (1/6 through the song) made me a bit weary of the rest of the song. Then the 32nds came and it was all unique from there.

The most important aspect of music today, in my opinion, is to find a sound that's unique---and that's what's present here. Electronic buffs, make yourself at home with this ReMix.

Jesus CHRIST Dain, you make me cry happy tears. Your balls to the wall style has always made you my personal favorite mixer on the site, and this one's no different. EXCELLENT piece. Not only that, thanks to the interview, I now know you have ALBUMS full of this badassery, and I will be buying them as soon as possible. There's a lot more of an acid sound to this mix than most of yours, which isn't a bad thing by any means. Love th industrial grind throughout. This is the proverbial good shit. Nice work!

I was expecting this song to blow up full blast right from the start but was pleasantly surprised by the ambient intro. The piano bits right before the synth had some nice audio debauchery. I really enjoyed this one for it's energy and dynamics. It never fell victim to the wall o' sound syndrome. This one is on the playlist!

Well, after the doctors got my heart beating again after my initial spaz-out at seeing some more Beatdrop amazingess posted, I listened to probably one of the best tracks I have heard in a long time in this style. I've been a fan of yours ever since I discovered Catapult, and you continue to be astounding. Keep up the great work, man - you rock.

A good sounding song. Some of the synths would be unbearably annoying in the hands of someone less experienced. The mixing is good, everything is clear and punchy without clipping. The musical content is surprisingly interesting. My only problem is that this is too over interpreted. Adding some of this song into a more recognizable rendition of the original song would be great, but as it stands, it's not a good arrangement. Taking this many liberties with a song changes it into something completely different, and it's way beyond the threshold of good taste. Still, a good listen and a great example of electronic music done well.

Sounds pretty decent. The techno intro gave it a good kick. I love the synths that were placed into this mix. Pretty much over all, its something that i would listen to over and over while playing this game.

I own the Mega Man X collection along with the annaversary collection. I give it an all out 10 out of 10!!

The more I listen to this, the more I like it. I've listened to a lot of his remixes, and although this one doesn't have the same instant gratification as some of his past mixes, it feels much deeper than anything of his I've heard before.

Hot DIGGITY DAMN, Beatdrop. This is by far your best work yet. So I heard you're also releasing albums with your original work on them? I'll be sure to check those out.

Now, one thing kinda bothers me... The ending of the song just kind of shows up suddenly, and the song stops. One minute, I'm enjoying the awesome beats, and the next, it's gone... A moot point, really, and honestly, I can't think of another way to end the song that would match up with the same levels of win contained in the main section.

But to end my review on a positive note, I've got to say: It's absolutely impressive to see how your skills have evolved so much. X-Buster MK17 was excellent, but it lacked the level of complex, ornate syncopation that this mix possesses. A truly enjoyable remix, and an instant favorite. Now to throw this on my MP3 player, hook it up to my car, and go blasting it down the highway... Kekeke.

Remind me to send you the FLP file for the intro of the song sometime. But to put it in writing, the intro was rendered as a wave file to be loaded into the main project, but itself consists of a sampler loaded with a grand piano, one loaded with an e-piano, and an organ. I rendered the section containing the piano notes I wanted to work with, and rendered it to an audio file. This audio file was then loaded into two instances of FL Slicer and two instances of FL Granulizer. The two seperate instances of each was to give myself two variants of time stretching to work with. I added in the slicing, and then dropped a long looped note on the Granulizer at C5 (base pitch). Since it's an FL native plugin, you can put note slides on it using the Piano Roll. So I added in a note slide which slowly causes the granular stretch to slide up to C6. Every other aspect of the stretched sound comes from the way I programmed the Granulizer's settings.

Like I said, I'll send you the FLP for it sometime so you can take a peek. Just hit me up in IRC or on AIM :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been a long-time semi-frequent visitor to OCRemix but never took the time to register, but figured it's about time I do so, and to take advantage of being registered, I thought I should make a small comment here about this little track from Beatdrop;

I'm amazed, really.

I've downloaded the years old releases for MMX3 by beatdrop before and always thought they have a bit of bad sounds, making them sound a bit amateurish, but this track? No way.

I'm impressed that from 7years ago to today, there is a huge difference in Beatdrops sound, and it's for the better in my opinion.

This is easily one of my favorite OCR tracks I've downloaded and I'm glad to hear someone who's been around for so long, to improve so much.

Great work, Beatdrop.

• 4 months later...

There's a reason why Beatdrop gets his work in DDR. It's creative, and it has staying power. I think I turn this track on at least once when ever I sift through my OC Remix folder. Every section has a pretty awesome sound and I especially love the part when the intro lands into the first section at 0:43 and has that "reactor build up" feel to it.

This track doesn't disappoint. Nice job.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01727 - Mega Man X3 "Revolutions"