One Must Fall 2097

Mordi

I've heard a lot of your stuff here, one thing that bugs me and this is no real exception: It's ALL synth. I like synth, but they all sound like they came from the same place.

Also, this is no exception to another thing about your pieces: pleasantly melodic. Don't know the source, or what you've done to it, but I like what I'm hearing, melodically.

Around 2:30, you drop the main instruments and we hear this sort of background instrument as it fades out. I'd like to hear SOMETHING in that space. Because human brains invent relative to inspiration, I want to hear more of the background music, but really anything there would be fine. I only want to hear more of the background instrument because that's what was there.

Nice work, though. Is the name of the game this is from called "One Must Fall 2097"?

Mmmmmm, OMF rox. I like the way you've slowed down the tempo. Or so it at least feels. It does the melody (even more) justice. Nice variations after the two minute mark. 02:30-02:45 felt lacking.. I'd actually take that part out. It functions as a breather, but the next parts do the same and plays the theme again after the variations, which is good. So that 02:30-02:45 feels redundant. It's a good-sounding part, but it would benefit the whole to leave it out.

Second listen on headphones:

Intro: I'd remove the first chord and just start at 00:02, not have the brass-type chord/note at all. The piano sounds great as it is, and removing the brass would give more room to it. It would also make a nice transition "space-wise" from intro to the song proper.

Not my genre at all, but I still enjoy it! I like what you've done with the piece. Sounds very finished to me, bar the points I've mentioned!

--Eino