Drawn By Pain (Internet TV show)

Sinewav

http://www.drawnbypain.com/

It's an interesting low-budget/indie merging of live action and hand-drawn animation. It takes a few episodes to get the story going, but the depth of emotion displayed by the main character makes this series really engaging for me.

Anyway, everything but the last episode has been posted. Has anyone else been following this? What do you think of it so far?

Fucking. Flash movie. Pop-up ads.

I fucking hate those things. They constantly come up, and I wish there was a way to get rid of them (no, Ad-Block doesn't have the ability to filter out built-in ad material in a flash player for some reason). I hate them, and any company that uses them to advertise is on my "do not give any business to" list.

Anyway, as for the show itself, it's a little too emo-ish for me. Even the title is a give-away. I got to episode four and stopped.

PS: shitty rotoscoping isn't artistic. It's just shitty.

I saw it recently after catching a preview of it on the Escapist and it was OK, but (to me) didn't really go anywhere in all the time they spent on it.

It's hard enough to watch the episodes by themselves, I can't imagine watching the whole thing put together... About 50-60% of the time you're watching the camera tilt in awkward angles while watching random flashbacks and hearing weird sounds / voices. Maybe that's good for a small part or two, but when it's nearly half the show, it gets ridiculously repetitive.

I feel bad bashing it because it's apparent so much time and effort went into it, but unfortunately I just didn't get into it, as much as I wanted to.

But I did like that scene in episode 2 or 3 where the anime chick whipped the already abused girl in the face. That was pretty damn funny...

this show sucks so far but it's a great idea, more on that later--i just had a wonderful surprise in episode seven :D

edit: just saw everything so far--the first seven episodes blow, but i can see why she used them. Things got a lot better in the last few episodes. First few episodes need moar plot, more consistent film direction, better acting, and better script for sure--because the whole time it was "i'm in pain"--no development whatsoever.