Twisted Metal Movie

POCKETMAN

Hey what's up all?

As quite a few of you know i'm an independent film maker. My latest project has been working on a live-action adaption of the playstation video game Twisted Metal. I'm trying to start some buzz and promote the film a little. I can tell you that I am very serious about this. I love the game, all of them actually, and would not even consider making a movie version of it unless I was gonna go all out and make it something to remember. I do have film experience. Currently i'm attending film school at Collins College. I've acted in small independent roles, not just my movies but by audition. I am a professional editor. I work part time for a company called Outrageous Events. (Weddings, sports, birthday parties) And use Avid, Premiere Pro, Final Cut, Photoshop, Motion, and After Effects every day.

1znwwug.jpg

We have been working on this film for about two months now. I have a 60 page script, really good actors, (some of them are viewable on imdb.com) and a professional crew. (Camera and audio) We also have use of part of the studios at the school. Let me know what you think. Tell your friends. Tell your friends. Tell your friends!

I will have a poster up in about a week and the first trailer will be viewable by the fourth of July weekend. Questions, just ask. Wanna know what characters from the game we're using? I can provide a cast list of who is playing who. Check back here.

Thanks,

Clay

No, i will be using the least amount of CGI that I can. And for that I have myself and two other BA grad students who are excellent CGI artists. As for a budget we originally started with around 400 to 500 dollars. Once the movie took off and was working we realized we would need more. (Equipment, props, location) We had an old school fund raiser and managed another 500 dollars.

Well, if you paid any attention to what I said, I said we have been working for about 2 months. We are like 80% done. So I see it.

I don't need criticism when you haven't even seen anything we've filmed for it yet and don't know our plot. Opinion is opinion but don't bring us down til after you see the preview.

True film is not about money. Half the movies i've made are NO budget films, and i've won two awards.

Well, if you paid any attention to what I said, I said we have been working for about 2 months. We are like 80% done. So I see it.

I don't need criticism when you haven't even seen anything we've filmed for it yet and don't know our plot. Opinion is opinion but don't bring us down til after you see the preview.

True film is not about money. Half the movies i've made are NO budget films, and i've won two awards.

No need to be a pretentious ass about it. Nothing I said was "criticism" regarding the film or your work.

I just see it as literally impossible to make any sort of passable effort at a Twisted Metal movie on $1,000. But good luck.

No need to be a pretentious ass about it. Nothing I said was "criticism" regarding the film or your work.

I just see it as literally impossible to make any sort of passable effort at a Twisted Metal movie on $1,000. But good luck.

Well, as an independent film, it's more about what they can do with what they have than spending a billion dollars on a crappy plot-less cesspool.

I was under he impression that good films cost millions...

I wont judge..or at least tell you my opinion until Ive seen a trailer or something, though.

The reason films cost so much is honestly to pay the actors.

Or for effects.

You can say your opinion. That's fine. But how can you say it won't work or it will look bad when you haven't seen any of it yet?

Thank you. That's right on. I'm not gonna pull something like Speed Racer or Fast and the Furious. I just assumed that was obvious.

HEY

HEY

Respect Speed Racer. It was a great movie, not without flaws, but very enjoyable. Between that and V for Vendetta, I've almost forgiven the Watchamacallit brothers/sisters for the last 2 Matrix.

This actually sounds pretty cool if its done correctly. Adding a decent amount of post-processing fx (like film grain and the like) to it will make it pretty awesome and fit really well with the kind of dirty snuff-film feel of twisted metal black. I'll be interested in the final product if the story doesn't actually involve a whole lot of car-scenes as i think that may break the 4th wall with a low budget. Either way, I want to see the trailer before anyone passes any more judgment on it.

What you're about to read is going to sound negative, but is meant to be taken as a neutral prediction only:

TC, I'm guessing that you're going to get 80-90% negative reception regardless of quality (or lack thereof) for your movie. Why? Because when people have a certain view on a specific property, it's extremely difficult to get a decent response. They're narrow-minded. How do I know this is true? Because I'm one of 'em :).

You wouldn't be familiar with the April-Fools Zelda movie trailer incident, would you?

Still, there's nothing that supports my prediction yet except for past events on different franchises. We'll wait and see, I guess. But don't be disappointed with your reception if/when it's largely negative. I suggest you keep low expectations for your own sake.

BTW, I've only briefly played TMBlack, so I don't really have a viable opinion for your specific movie.

Twisted Metal has always been about a free for all of tricked out war machines built out of mostly crappy automobiles destroying each other.

I just don't see how that kind of movie would work at all, much less on such a miniscule budget like that.

Not that I'm putting you down, I'd trust you to make a better movie than I would trust Hollywood to make. And as someone actively working on scripting Chrono Trigger into movies, I can understand where you're coming from. :-)

So if you're focusing on Sweet Tooth's past, are we still expecting to see a bunch of car combat or is this largely a sort of mystery-horror-thriller thing?

So if you're focusing on Sweet Tooth's past, are we still expecting to see a bunch of car combat or is this largely a sort of mystery-horror-thriller thing?

There is gonna be about 8-9 minutes of actual car combat. Depends on the editing. However, we are gonna continue the fighting after the cars. Into more of a run around on your feet style of fighting.