Twisted Metal Movie

POCKETMAN

In reality, the product isn't done, and we jerks are just scapegoats.

edit: Oops my bad. I just remembered that he won two awards.

dude you are on crack. why don't you think it's done? are you aware youtube videos can only be 10 minutes long? how do you propose i upload it?

and about the awards, shove it up your ass. at least i don't spend my day sitting around trying to bring down someone's hard work. i get it. and we've all heard you. find another thread and post your shitty comments there.

Why so serious, POCKETMAN!?

Plagiarists will be the last to admit their lack of any original work. Bad artists don't listen to constructive criticism. A stubborn person blames everyone else for his/her failings and won't try to improve his/herself. POCKETMAN, you've demonstrated all of these actions. Your lack of any quality in any aspect of your life leaks into the grammar and punctuation in your posts. I'd say this is unintentional, but a cry for help is much more believable when it's written with crayon and backwards "R"s.

I knew about the older one, but I doubted it rose to the same level of violence as the new one.

This could only be said if you've never actually seen Death Race 2000 (1975). Violence isn't as creative and cynical today as it was in the bleak 70s.

Why so serious, POCKETMAN!?

Plagiarists will be the last to admit their lack of any original work. Bad artists don't listen to constructive criticism. A stubborn person blames everyone else for his/her failings and won't try to improve his/herself. POCKETMAN, you've demonstrated all of these actions. Your lack of any quality in any aspect of your life leaks into the grammar and punctuation in your posts. I'd say this is unintentional, but a cry for help is much more believable when it's written with crayon and backwards "R"s.

This could only be said if you've never actually seen Death Race 2000 (1975). Violence isn't as creative and cynical today as it was in the bleak 70s.

it's twisted metal. of course it's not original. i don't deserve credit for coming up with it. and i don't recall blaming anyone.... and what would i blame them for?

it's twisted metal. of course it's not original. i don't deserve credit for coming up with it. and i don't recall blaming anyone.... and what would i blame them for?

No, no, no. Your argument is flawed. There is a difference between "not original" and "plagiarism."

Webster's Dictionary defines originality as

Originality

the quality or state of being original 2 : freshness of aspect' date=' design, or style 3 : the power of independent thought or constructive imagination.[/quote']

None of this describes your movie.

Plagiarized

to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own : use (another's production) without crediting the source intransitive verb : to commit literary theft : present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source

See what I did here? I gave credit to my sources! And my sources prove my point here.

You didn't make a Twisted Metal movie. You're making The Dark Knight' date=' albeit, poorly, and slapping the title "TWISTED METAL" on it.

Please, go to a nearby community college, find a professor who teaches Contemporary Cinema. Show him/her your trailer. Show them your movie. They'll say the same thing back to you. [i']It's too easy to make yourself the laughing stock of the internet. Go do it the public eye!

All the world's a stage,

And all the men and women merely players:

They have their exits and their entrances;

So come and do it! MAKE YOUR ENTRANCE! We're waiting. Prove us wrong.

No, no, no. Your argument is flawed. There is a difference between "not original" and "plagiarism."

You didn't make a Twisted Metal movie. You're making The Dark Knight, albeit, poorly, and slapping the title "TWISTED METAL" on it.

Please, go to a nearby community college, find a professor who teaches Contemporary Cinema. Show him/her your trailer. Show them your movie. They'll say the same thing back to you. It's too easy to make yourself the laughing stock of the internet. Go do it the public eye

So come and do it! MAKE YOUR ENTRANCE! We're waiting. Prove us wrong.

my argument is flawed you say? no offense, and i'm sure you will pull out your dictionary for more "terms", but you can't even argue having not seen the film. i mean how can you? first of all can you prove i plagiarized? no. you haven't seen it. you know nothing about my film other than the 67 seconds i uploaded. second, what did anything in the trailer even have to do with The Dark Knight? anything? or just how i "looked"? have you seen The Dark Knight? if i had not used music from The Dark Knight in that trailer would you think all this still? are you aware that i know i used music from The Dark Knight in that trailer? i actually thought it was funny. third, i had 4 "professors" who have real film experience helping us in many of the scenes. did you read my first post? they have seen both trailers and the cut film. they didn't say anything you said. funny huh? fourth, what is it you want? me to admit i ripped off The Dark Knight? or joker? or what? do you have to always be right? is it something like that? cause if that will make you shut up i'll do it. and anyone out there who believes me, which is all but you and a few others here, thank you. i don't know what you want me to say. but since you know everything you can just put words in my mouth. sound good?

words in/into someone's mouth

to tell someone what you think they mean or want to say.

Regardless of whether or not this movie copies the Joker from TDK, uses its music in the trailer, or is devoid of any real acting skill, the movie still looks bad. Unless every single frame of what we saw in the trailer is not in the movie, its bad.

Shot compositions are bland, flat, and empty. Lighting and shadows are also terribly flat and uninteresting. There's no use of color beyond the fact that life happens to be in color and the colors are pretty bland too ( although this is not easy to remedy without a good camera). Text used for the trailer is standard default font with cheesey default effects on it. The title card is not differentiated at all from the regular text, so someone could easily mistake the title as part of the trailer text.

The sound is okay for the voice (though some of the indoor scenes there is too much reverb), but sound effects are pretty typical and music obviously is not original (you might as well have used "Requiem For A Dream" or some equally over-used trailer music). Acting worse than Resident Evil and that's not easy to do.

NOTE: I did not tell my friend what this trailer was for and he watched it and asked me "Why is the Joker in this movie?" If that's not proof that you're copying Heath Ledger's Joker, then I don't know what is.

Aside from the Joker-ish Sweettooth, we don't even know who any of the other characters shown are (except Calypso). Character costumes are pretty much non-existant. The cars don't even attempt to look like the war-machines they're supposed to be, (come on, you could've at least mounted some cardboard machine guns on the hoods or something) and the fight scene choreography is a mess. As cheesey as the exploding truck looked, it could have been passable except there were no light effects and the explosion looked terribly out of place in such a dark shot.

This movie fails on more than originality. If you're going to tackle a franchise that makes its mark with guns, explosions, cars, and creepy characters, you'd better have the budget to back it up. $1000 is not enough to make this type of movie. Even if you did all the acting and camera work by yourself, the special effects required to do the Twisted Metal name justice would be well above $1000. Me and my friend Tom spent about $1000 on a three minute movie about a fictitious band. There are no special effects, the actors were only paid $50 apiece and most of the sets were real locations, not a sound stage that had to be rented out. All of the equipment was our own and me and Tom were the only crew to operate the cameras, lights, and other equipment. And with all of the work being done basically by both of us, that movie still cost $1000.

Sorry for the lengthy post, but if you're going to be this ambitious and not take critical feedback correctly, then you're in the wrong business my friend.

Oh, just give it up everyone. He's right, we're wrong, and obviously have no idea what we're talking about. Heaven forbid EVERYBODY have the same point at the same time and maybe, just maybe, it be a valid one! Think of the consequences!!

Pocketman, I'm gonna try to be nice here. You not only ripped a character that nearly everyone on this Earth is familiar with, you maintain the audacity to claim originality in the face of said peeps who know better. One or two people going "Hmmmm" about your Sweet Tooth and I can see why you'd be defensive... EVERYBODY telling you the same thing and there is no excuse for you NOT to get the hint!

I strongly advise against you charging money for others to see this movie. DC will have your financial ass raped repeatedly!

Better yet, I strongly advise against releasing this movie without invoking the Alan Smithee effect. Should you ever decide to release a quality film, this one is gonna haunt you if you don't.

You need to take criticism instead of thinking you are a good director and all the problems are everyone else's fault.

One example -- The combat scene

For this, you need to plagiarize other people's fight scene ideas. I am not saying to do the whole fight verbatim, but I am saying you need to look at other fight scenes from movies, zero in on what they are doing and why it works, and copy it. I don't know the first thing about movies, but I did notice that your fight scene was all one camera shot. I just watched a quick Jackie Chan flick on youtube and their fights are made up of short 3 second shots seamed together to make the illusion of a real fight.

Maybe you should try to get into a theater class and learn general skills of the trade?? Nice attempt for a no-budget project, but I just can't see it working.

Also, you definitely need some fake, wicked-sharp teeth on sweet tooth.

Oh, just give it up everyone. He's right, we're wrong, and obviously have no idea what we're talking about. Heaven forbid EVERYBODY have the same point at the same time and maybe, just maybe, it be a valid one! Think of the consequences!!

Pocketman, I'm gonna try to be nice here. You not only ripped a character that nearly everyone on this Earth is familiar with, you maintain the audacity to claim originality in the face of said peeps who know better. One or two people going "Hmmmm" about your Sweet Tooth and I can see why you'd be defensive... EVERYBODY telling you the same thing and there is no excuse for you NOT to get the hint!

I strongly advise against you charging money for others to see this movie. DC will have your financial ass raped repeatedly!

Better yet, I strongly advise against releasing this movie without invoking the Alan Smithee effect. Should you ever decide to release a quality film, this one is gonna haunt you if you don't.

Dude stop being an asshole. He's in film school. He's making some movie projects. I don't think he intends this to be shown at theaters around the country and charge people for it. :|

Oh, and POCKETMAN, get it up somewhere so we can watch it!