Twisted Metal Movie

POCKETMAN

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_Tooth_(Twisted_Metal)

It's more or less Sweet Tooth's story.

Sweet Tooth has the most ties to any group of characters in the whole series: his father Charlie Kane (driver of Yellow Jacket in the first game) and Marcus Kane (split personality, Roadkill's driver). In Black, he has an unnamed brother that only appeared in Twisted Metal Black, who himself drove that game's Yellow Jacket vehicle. He is also directly responsible for the creation of that game's Axel, whose wife he killed, and Cage, who wishes to be a greater killer than Sweet Tooth.

So. He's an insane clown.

Deep story.

sarcasticclap.gif

So, post-flame war, was this ever released? I paged back and was assaulted by the remaining orcs/demons/balrogs. I tried to tell them I just wanted a video link, but to no avail.

So I slipped around them and kept going backwards through the pages until a strange wizard told me that I shouldn't pass - good thing, cause the entire page collapsed into the cavern from which it came followed closely by a clown with a flaming head...

tl;dr

Where is this movie?

Or, perhaps, is this simply pocketman's.....

CLEVER RUSE?!!?!!!

To that I ask, what would you do with it if you didn't post it? Not going to do much sitting on the shelf you know.

And briefly, you're only making it harder on yourself. I'm not going to hurl accusations of plagiarism at you because it was a trailer and, in my mind, trailers can be anything at all. But that's not what I was making a point about. Your movie is a B-movie. It's indie, and by comparison to a Hollywood professional film, it's crap. That being said, many people will still enjoy it for what it is. There's no sense in getting a big head and going on a rampage over some trolls (and not even established trolls either). It just makes you look immature and it doesn't say much about your movie. Learn to accept that there will be detractors, take what you can use from their opinions, and move on. Some of us want to see what this thing looks like.

To that I ask, what would you do with it if you didn't post it? Not going to do much sitting on the shelf you know.

And briefly, you're only making it harder on yourself. I'm not going to hurl accusations of plagiarism at you because it was a trailer and, in my mind, trailers can be anything at all. But that's not what I was making a point about. Your movie is a B-movie. It's indie, and by comparison to a Hollywood professional film, it's crap. That being said, many people will still enjoy it for what it is. There's no sense in getting a big head and going on a rampage over some trolls (and not even established trolls either). It just makes you look immature and it doesn't say much about your movie. Learn to accept that there will be detractors, take what you can use from their opinions, and move on. Some of us want to see what this thing looks like.

ok, that didn't help at all.

ya it is going to sit on my shelf. we made it cause we like the game. no other reason. so i don't care who sees it. really.

oh and i'm very glad you think i'm immature. thank you.

ok, that didn't help at all.

ya it is going to sit on my shelf. we made it cause we like the game. no other reason. so i don't care who sees it. really.

oh and i'm very glad you think i'm immature. thank you.

Wow...

What a douche.

That's prolly the nicest comments you'll get on this situation, and you shoot it down.

If you can't take the heat, stay the hell off the internet.

Keep your movie, and stop bitching about criticism that you basically asked for by making a thread about it.

PS: Seriously, what is up with you and not using caps? It's not a big deal, but that's a strange habit.

Wow...

What a douche.

That's prolly the nicest comments you'll get on this situation, and you shoot it down.

If you can't take the heat, stay the hell off the internet.

Keep your movie, and stop bitching about criticism that you basically asked for by making a thread about it.

PS: Seriously, what is up with you and not using caps? It's not a big deal, but that's a strange habit.

it's the same crap i've been getting.

but ya I guess starting this thread was a dumb idea.

oh and to your P.S. i only really started doing that in the last couple weeks. possibly because i'm so tired all the time and in a rush. i'm taking on about 20-25 more hours a week at work. and it's killing me.

it's the same crap i've been getting.

but ya I guess starting this film was a dumb idea.

Fixed that for you.

oh and i'm very glad you think i'm immature. thank you."

You're welcome. And yeah, you are immature. I was trying to give you a boost, given the situation you've landed yourself in with this thread, but you know what? You deserve every minute of it. You come here, and you expect that us lowly forum goers are going to kiss your ass and praise you because you made a derivative movie based on a video game. I'll tell you something, you're movie will sit on a shelf. And it's probably for the better, because I'm willing to bet that we called it correctly. You're movie probably did copy "The Dark Knight" and you know if we tear you down for it, the rest of the internet will tear it to shreds. Do yourself and everyone else a favor and stop trying to make movies. Got take five years, grow up, and find out what making movies is really about instead of running around in face paint and thinking you're something special. I've done indie movies too across many different roles, and I've seen more than my share of people like you. You will one day get a role as an extra in some big film, and it will be your crowning achievement forever. Get a life buddy, and don't quit your day job.

You're welcome. And yeah, you are immature. I was trying to give you a boost, given the situation you've landed yourself in with this thread, but you know what? You deserve every minute of it. You come here, and you expect that us lowly forum goers are going to kiss your ass and praise you because you made a derivative movie based on a video game. I'll tell you something, you're movie will sit on a shelf. And it's probably for the better, because I'm willing to bet that we called it correctly. You're movie probably did copy "The Dark Knight" and you know if we tear you down for it, the rest of the internet will tear it to shreds. Do yourself and everyone else a favor and stop trying to make movies. Got take five years, grow up, and find out what making movies is really about instead of running around in face paint and thinking you're something special. I've done indie movies too across many different roles, and I've seen more than my share of people like you. You will one day get a role as an extra in some big film, and it will be your crowning achievement forever. Get a life buddy, and don't quit your day job.

I don't want praise.

I won't stop making movies. Ever. It's my dream. And even if every single last person on Earth thinks I suck I still won't stop. I love doing it. Not because I want to see anyones reaction, but because it's so fun.

FYI, i've already been an extra. But I won't mention that cause you'll just say I have a big ego.

You know, he kinda sounds like uwe boll in some of his recent interviews about HIS movies...:)

Seriously though, you claim to be 19, but at this point I'm honestly thinking you're 12-14 (mentally, definitely)

Now, I know that at this traumatizing point in your life you desperately seek any sort of social praise/acceptance, but (and this is the main reason I believe you're young) instead of showing this movie at your school, or anywhere where they'd be supportive, you came to the INTERNET. Think about that. You'll find no more wretched hive of scum and villainy than here - the faceless arena of tubes. To survive the Internets you have to have to be the best of the best or shoot for nothing at all; you built up hype from page 1 and couldn't deliver the goods. I don't think I was alone when I saw the trailer and let a sigh loose...but then I realized that this is a FAN MOVIE. And those USUALLY SUCK HARD. Now I want to see this just for OLR purposes - how bad is it, and can I laugh?

You see, my 19 year old, most indie movies fail hard. And in failing, make us all happy. Not everything has to be perfect and, well, good. :)

If you honestly expected us to praise this movie as if it were a professional, 100 million dollar budget film, you'd either need

a) a budget of 100 million dollars

B) the best actors EVER (requirements: a)

c) the best writers EVER (requirements: a)

d) b and c

e) the best IDEA ever, also, d (and preferably a)

You lack all of those, it seems. Twisted metal is a decent idea, but video game movies have been done before. Your actors, are, from what I've seen, bleh. (and I know bleh from making movies as well) And your script seems lacking too - your trailer has nothing but music to hook the audience. Now, there are plenty of suggestions given to you by valued members of this community - things such as film grading, sound production, etc. DON'T IGNORE THOSE. Take a hint, man, you're not doing so hot with the public. Bad move, bad movie. Get over it, make something new, come back (with a less shitty attitude)

PS: Shelve your movie or not; life goes on. Eventually, nobody cares either way.

PPS: If this offends you, just quit. Seriously, the business is all about being an asshole, and there are plenty of people who are amazing businessmen. And you get to work with them/become one of them. (you're doing alright on that part already)

Seriously though, you claim to be 19, but at this point I'm honestly thinking you're 12-14 (mentally, definitely)

Now, I know that at this traumatizing point in your life you desperately seek any sort of social praise/acceptance

I don't want praise.

can i make it more clear?

Plus everything else you said was plagiarized from everyone else.

Not being rude, because I think everything that can possibly be said has been said, but if you weren't seeking encouragement, support and/or praise from enthused or impressed Twisted Metal fans... what exactly prompted you to post?

Not saying this in a damning way, so please don't take it as criticism and jump in all defensively with that delightful attitude. I'm just genuinely curious what else you thought would be gained from publicly posting it to the internet. I mean the full movie is done, right? So it's not like you can go back and improve. Also, no offense (as I know you think you can), but you've not handled the constructive criticisms well, as you're too offended by the deconstructive ones to answer without a hefty chunk of attitude.

There's nothing particularly wrong with sharing your personal projects in hope of positive feedback, so I'm genuinely curious why else you would've posted that makes you so adamant that you were not after any such validation.

EDIT: Nah Urban Xperience, I've seen several Zelda movie trailers before, including IGN's April Fools joke one, but not this one before. It looks like a fairly decent effort to be honest, but I'd always find it hard to take a faithfully adapted Zelda movie seriously. Link not talking is a real hindrance to a movie centring around him (also with a reasonably simple overall plot in terms of filling like an hour and a half without the most obvious devices to develop the main character available), and yet I'd rather it be kept this way. Same for the fact that most interpretations of Link's costume look a bit ridiculous in real life, and yet it shouldn't be too loosely adapted.

When it comes to Zelda, I'm one of those picky fans who would be hard to please, and would probably rather not see it properly adapted into a film at the price of it turning into some watered down Lord of the Rings wannabe.