OCR00964 - Street Fighter II "Guile's Theme (R.A.H. Mix)"

djpretzel

It's a Street Fighter 2 ReMix. It's a Guile ReMix. It's a Guile ReMix by Rayza. What else do you need to know? I think people who liked Rayza's Whirlwind mix will like this, since they sound kinda similar, in my opinion. Those chimes in the back (that take a little more prominence at about 1:28 and at the end) make this mix sound really special. So take the fact that Rayza has done another masterpiece, plus DCT's recommendation (DJP didn't do it, so I will :P ), and you've got a must-download. So download it. 8)

-DCT

Haha, nice, I've been hoping for a Guile mix for a while now. I started one myself, but never got around to finishing it. However, I must say the OneUp Mushrooms did a kick-ass job of the theme live in Concert at MAGFest.

As for this mix, I like it, for the most part. I kinda woulda liked it a touch more aggressive, but for what it is it's good techno. Nice mix from a production standpoint, enough variety throughout... personally I woulda like a bit more variety and counter-melody work on the lead, or even some harmony here and there. It's great the first time it's presented, but if it had come in a second time with all sounds of adlibbing screaming synth line going on, that woulda been sweet.

All in all, nice work. I woulda liked it a lot more if it had gotten more intense percussion-wise and melodically as it went on, but ah well. And DJP - please finish your mix too. :) I might be doing some SF2 stuff sometime here myself as well. Nobody's done Sagat's theme.

Rayza, I really did your Credits Theme mix too. More than this one, actually, just for your reference.

Flash kick!

-Mazedude

Since I first started coming to this site regularly I'd been hoping for someone to remix Guile's theme. Now someone does and it's one of my favorite ReMixers: Rayza (and just when I think it can't get any better it has a GI Joe reference in the title, awesome!).

It is reminiscent of Whirlwind (Gale Force Mix), but they differ in the fact that Gale Force didn't really reflect the original feel of the piece, while this keeps that Guile quality.

It's brightened my day considerably to hear this and that DJP is working on a Guile mix as well (please finish it!).

*goes back to listening to the remix at full volume on repeat*

Dude, quit fucking around and just change your name to God already.

Seriously. 8)

LOVED this mix, as well as your past few, including your Sonic 3D/Busta Rhymes remix. Come to think of it, all the stuff I have of yours is mint... except for that Ice Cap mix (even though I still have it...) Is that YOUR voice at the beginning?

Anyway, keep up the good work.

It's about time someone came out with an electronic style remix to a street fighter theme. Thanks! I hope this will set the precedent for many more songs just like it.

PS: Techno-ize Sakura's theme from Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo on GBA! It would be awesome! :lol:

I'm glad this didn't use the sonic boom sample. If you wanted it to sound clean, it would have probably been a sample from a different game.

This mix is really enjoyable. I was bobbing my head along and smiling all the way through, which is more than I can say for most music, here or anywhere else. :)

This mix sounds way too much like the Guile mix on the "Image Album" arranged by Capcom - http://www.chudahs-corner.com/soundtracks/sf2image.html

It's good, but it just sounds too much like the already arranged version, which I didn't really like anyway.

PlatformerMastah, the version on the "Image Album" has the "Sonic Boom!" sample and it fits really well.

I like Guile as a rock song better, anyway.

Mazedude, thanks for the props on the OneUp Mushrooms arrangement. We really like playing it, and we've made a medley of "Guile" and "Ryu" - they rock really hard now! :)

Well, well, well. What do we have here?

Let me first say that I grew up on SF2. And I have no trouble admitting that I was an enormous fan of Guile. And I don't remember his theme track. All I remember about Guile was his gritty pilot persona and the fact that of all the characters in the game, he had the deepest storyline.

With the wonderful bit of reminiscence out of the way, to the song. With mixes like these, it's no mystery that SF2 is a Capcom game. The melody is (for all I can remember) Guile's theme, but the style of the piece SCREAMS MegaMan (which is one of the biggest compliments I can pay a piece).

But overall, I have to say that this one's little more than your standard techno-ish piece. A well done techno-ish piece, but still nothing that would set it apart from the rest.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00964 - Street Fighter II "Guile's Theme (R.A.H. Mix)"