OCR00964 - Street Fighter II "Guile's Theme (R.A.H. Mix)"

djpretzel

• 5 months later...

A no-frills but definitely cool Guile dance mix. It starts out with a nice build and there a synthy-sounding mandolin thing that I think is awesome- probably the detail of the track that is the most memorable for me. Synths were a bit generic, but effective, and while the beat didn't scream at me to get dancing, it was good enough for me to DJP to. :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Good showing from Rayza. Not exactly pushing the envelope as far as his standards, but when the product is this good, why push it?

The relationships between the sounds isn't perfect, or as good as it has been in other mixes. For me, this didn't gel completely. The synths were just beyond the sweetspot that I like and am accustomed to, but it's not a real big deal. It's not exactly a flaw that it doesn't reach my own personal perfect level of satisfaction.

From anyone else, playing the techno card again and again might have become stale and something to dread. But Rayza once again proves that attention to detail and great song choice goes a long way at expanding a genre's boundaries. More than adequate effort and a great track.

You can pretty much instantly tell this is a Rayza track, especially when that synth lead comes in. Pretty straight-forward arrangement, but very well executed. Good change-ups between various sections in the song. Not too long of a track, but I don't think that's a bad thing - could've run the risk of overstaying its welcome that way. Solid remix.

• 3 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00964 - Street Fighter II "Guile's Theme (R.A.H. Mix)"
  • 7 years later...

You know, there's something about not going absolutely crazy on the mix that makes me like this ReMix even more in a way. It's got it's own flavor in addition to the melody we all love, and the original bit in the middle before the source melody comes back was well done. Really jamming to this one here.