Are there any games you guys play over and over again?

atmuh

Most of these take me all day, but are really fun with music from my iPod instead of whatever I'm supposed to hear:

Halo, Metroid Fusion, Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow (New Game+ or whatever for the win), and Metroid Zero Mission.

Oh almost forgot, Kirby 64

I'd like to say Ninja Gaiden, but I'd have to beat it. Maybe 700th time will be the charm...

It's just one of those games. I've beaten it once, and maybe got close to beating it again. After I beat it though, I never really felt the need to play it again.

There are a lot of games that I do play almost randomly, but I won't include games that I play with other people, just the ones I play through the actual story mode.

NES:

Super Mario Brother 3

Tetris

Dr. Mario

SNES:

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Quest

Zelda: A Link to the Past

Super Mario Kart

F-Zero

U.N. Squadron

Chrono Trigger

Secret of Mana

Megaman X

Megaman X2

PC:

Warcraft 2

Starcraft

Diablo 2

Dreamcast:

Capcom vs. SNK 2

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (haven't unlocked everything yet)

At the moment, I can't think of any more. There are some games I can't play through since I don't own them. But outside of the PC games and RPGs, I can beat all of the games in a day. I actually played a little of DKC2 the other week and I got through two 'worlds' in an hour. I still remember where the Kremkoins and DK coins are. ;_;

Doom. Mostly deathmatch. A lot. If anyone else wants to try and get in on some DM sometime grab Odamex.

Odamex is an engine modification that allows online Doom coop and DM as well as new modes such as Team DM and Capture the Flag. Plus, it runs on pretty much every platform known to man including Macs (Hell yea, a game that runs on a Mac).

ok so i has idea

what about an ocr speedrun compo but not the normal post your times kinda thing

i mean we pick a game and all get in irc and all start at exactly the SAME TIME and first person to finish wins

i am so down for that

For me, I enjoy replaying a number of single player games...

Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Zelda: Link's Awakening

Metal Gear Solid

Several Final Fantasies

Super Mario World

...As well as a number of multiplayer games with friends.

Secret of Mana

Street Fighter II Turbo

Super Mario Kart

Edit: Oh, games you can beat in one day. Well, most of those can be completed in a relatively short amount of time.

Your list is, word for word, exactly what games I play over and over, with the exception of MGS. Odd, isnt it?

Oh hey, another okay game for the genesis that I repeatedly blaze through is Cool Spot. It is basically a giant advertisement for 7-up in the form of a platform game...but it's actually good. Really really good. And it's pretty easy-ish, too, so if I've got an hour or so to kill, I'll just fire up the Cool Spot.

Oh hey, another okay game for the genesis that I repeatedly blaze through is Cool Spot. It is basically a giant advertisement for 7-up in the form of a platform game...but it's actually good. Really really good. And it's pretty easy-ish, too, so if I've got an hour or so to kill, I'll just fire up the Cool Spot.

cool spot is awesome i forgot about that

also excellent ost

off da wall

Wario Land 3 for the Game Boy Color. I don't think it's that short of a game, so it probably doesn't qualify, but it's still completeable in less than a week or so if you know what you're doing. There's also the fact that it's amazing.

There are a few games that I always play and have beaten countless times and really never get tired of them(in no particular order):

-Ninja Gaiden 2/3 (More 3 than 2, yes its easier and story is crappier but the controls are tighter imo). beaten it hundreds of times.

-Bionic Commando Can't wait for rearmed.

-Super Mario 64 best game ever IMHO. Beaten it hundreds of time, but from 0-to 120 stars only about 40~50.

Megaman 2 Maybe not the best gameplay of all (I think mm3 tops it) but this one has the charm and one of the best soundtracks in a videogame.

Covert Action THANKS F4T4L. This one is always in my hard drive.

Guitar Hero 1/2/3 whatever Only came out a few years ago, yes, but its the only reason I turn on my ps2. Been playing it nonstop since I first got it.

Star Fox 64 I think my N64 bricked out because it got sick of me making it play SM64 and SF64 everyday. If my n64 still worked I think I would have been at my 1000th sf64 ending by now.

Halo PC and this is single player Halo, never played MP. Always installed on my PC, but I don't think I've beaten it more than 30 times. still, gets a lot of playtime.

I also used to play the first Unreal Tournament every single day, but haven't done that for a few years now (If my friends still played it, I surely would!)

Castlevania series: the music, art, etc.

Chrono Trigger: I don't play it over and over too often, but I do go back to it because it does offer challenges every time you play it. There's no such thing as not getting hit in Chrono Trigger, from what I know.

SM64: Seeing how far I can get without getting hit/dying (apart from the sixth task in world 2, which includes Mario hopping into a cannon and blasting the wall off). I don't play it over and over, but every now and then I'll amuse myself.