Are there any games you guys play over and over again?

atmuh

i have a boring job with a lot of free time so i play sonic the hedgehog 1 (ported to iphone - it's great) every single day at work.. which is 6 days out of the week.

ive beaten it so many times all i really care about anymore is that pointless score counter (which i've managed to get to 400,000 or higher a few times)

You're a freak... lol

• 5 months later...

Starfox 64 for me. I played that game religiously, every day, trying to push my score higher and higher.

I think my top score was 1850 at one point. I'm about to start playing again to try and crack 1900.

StarFox 64 is kind of an enigma to me. It's so short, repetitive, and limited on paper... but I absolutely LOVE playing the game over and over again... and I just don't know why.

Because it's perfect?

I recently acquired a TV for my room for free and hooked up my PS2, which I hadn't played since I got my 360 over a year earlier. I popped in Disgaea 2... And 80 hours later, I'm still playing it. It's getting to the point where I'm not even sure why I'm still playing. It's such a time sink.

Sonic and Knuckles + Sonic 3

I own both games several times, but you can only play them as one game on the Sega Genesis. Which I still own.

The sonic Mega Collection for the xbox, ps2, and gamecube let you play them as one once you unlocked the option and I used to have a pc version (not emulator) that would also let you.

If I replay any games it's typically on the original system. Though I own both megaman collections and the sonic collection, I'll still go back and replay both series on sega and nintendo/snes/playstion.

Also, Sonic CD. I know some people hated that game, but I really got into it and seeing as my SegaCD system still works, I play it from time to time.

And it goes without saying, certain final fantasy games. FFVI and FFIX especially, but the other week I felt the need to play FFVIII over again, so right now I'm doing a perfect game run through that.

And Castlevania: SotN. Win.

I just went to gamestop earlier today and got the pokemon event item (pikachu colored pichu - for some unlockable in HeartGold/SoulSilver) - and that made me wanna play through Pearl/Diamond again.

These two games never get old for me:

1. StarFox 64

2. Sin and Punishment (Wii/N64 Virtual Console)

3. Einhander

Oddly enough, two of those N64 titles with very similar on-rails gameplay. *shrugs*

Damn they're all crazy fun!! And I think it's the fact that each level is quick enough to enjoy as "bite sized snacks." I don't have to wade through cutscenes and stuff to play. I just jump in, and we're good!

Sidenote: That's why I'm super excited for Sin and Punishment 2... supposed to be out pretty soon and the core gameplay looks fantastic! It looks like it might become one of those fun stand-by games that I can just pop in and have fun with.

EDIT: THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID! HEY-O!

Also it just occurred to me that I posted pretty much the same thing 2.5 years ago in the same freakin' thread.... damn it. >_< Oh how time flies.

also:

*makes fist*

*rotates forearm upward*

Jamm Stunna... StarFox solidarity bro. That game is just too much fun. :D

I recently acquired a TV for my room for free and hooked up my PS2, which I hadn't played since I got my 360 over a year earlier. I popped in Disgaea 2... And 80 hours later, I'm still playing it. It's getting to the point where I'm not even sure why I'm still playing. It's such a time sink.

I enjoyed the gameplay changes they made, but the story was so grating I couldn't finish it.

i still come back to final fantasy tactics, and each time try something different. i love that game.

i'm also in the beginning stages of mass effect 2 obsession. i put about 200 hours into five playthroughs in the first game, and i'm on my second run-through of this game, with plans for the next two or three in my head. it's not old, but i'm really loving it.

super metroid...it's been about 2 years since I last played it, so I'll probably boot up an emulator and knock it out again, but it's probably my all time favorite game.

For me, I've beaten Zero Mission a shitload of times.

It's really the game you can just pick up and start fucking around with.

Getting the Varia suit first? Sure. Beating Ridley before Kraid? Why not!

Super Missile-ing Kraid is a very satisfying experience.

The other games I have played and beaten repeatedly are:

Link's Awakening.

This was the first game I ever owned, as a b-day present when I was seven. I must have beaten it upwards of 20 times since I got it back then. The beautiful music, bittersweet story, and just plain ass fun (along with the ol' warp glitch) always made me come back to the game.

Wind Waker.

You know, I really love Majora's Mask, and i think it is my favorite Zelda. But I have beaten WW at least 6 times, which is more attempts than any other 3D Zelda game. I think part of the magic is that every time I play WW, I do something new that I haven't done before. I figure out one secret that eluded me on previous playthroughs, I explore a stretch of the sea more thoroughly than I did last time... I find that the game has tremendous staying power, and one of the most fun Zeldas there can be.

Final Fantasy I (GBA port)

I don't know, something about this game is irresistible. I can always jump right in and attempt to make my way through the world of initially over-powered enemies and defying attempts by Garland to knock me down. This is FF at its most purest and fun level.

I have beaten all the classic FFs at least once, but I usually don't go beyond once. The exceptions are FF5, my favorite Final Fantasy, and this game, which I have beaten at least 4-5 times on account of how fun it is. I love the ol' dungeon-crawling stuff, and the extra dungeons, too!

I enjoyed the gameplay changes they made, but the story was so grating I couldn't finish it.

That's what the "skip cutscene" button is for. Oh, and the best line in the game is:

"Finish the mission and NOT die? Why didn't I think of that?"

But yeah, story was crap. Characters repeat themselves all the time. I'm not sure if you picked up on this, but Rozalin is the daughter of Overlord Zenon.

I have beaten all the classic FFs at least once, but I usually don't go beyond once. The exceptions are FF5, my favorite Final Fantasy, and this game, which I have beaten at least 4-5 times on account of how fun it is. I love the ol' dungeon-crawling stuff, and the extra dungeons, too!

yeah I'm playing FFV for the first time and I don't understand what all the hate on it is about

Anything Super Mario related I've beaten multiple times, same goes with Zelda, but on the RPG side I'e beaten Growlanser 2: The Sense of Justice over 3-4 times. The game is very quick and fun to play and I always strive to get a "Mission Complete" on each mission every time through. Sadly no Falco to congratulate me on each one.

yeah I'm playing FFV for the first time and I don't understand what all the hate on it is about

Well, mostly, it's from Sephi-fags who can't handle the overwhelming manly power of Exdeath.

Not even Kefka can stand up to the power Exdeath, and his tendency to repeat lines over again, start every statement with "Mwa ha ha ha ha!" and those gigantic biceps.

The sonic Mega Collection for the xbox, ps2, and gamecube let you play them as one once you unlocked the option and I used to have a pc version (not emulator) that would also let you.

Haha, I actually have the Sonic Mega Collection for xbox, but I never unlocked that because I ended up buying all of the sonics on xbox 360 arcade cause I wanted the achievements. :-P