Are there any games you guys play over and over again?

atmuh

the job system is fucking awesome

^this. Exdeath isn't as cool as Kefka, though they are the two villains that actually accomplish something before getting beaten (changing their respective worlds).

Also, FFV Advance has GOOD added content, something FFIV and FFVI Advance were sorely lacking. Adding the new jobs (Oracle, Gladiator, Pirate, and Necromancer) is really ace, and allows for more than two "ideal" job combos.

That's what the "skip cutscene" button is for. Oh, and the best line in the game is:

"Finish the mission and NOT die? Why didn't I think of that?"

But yeah, story was crap. Characters repeat themselves all the time. I'm not sure if you picked up on this, but Rozalin is the daughter of Overlord Zenon.

My favorite line was:

"Gambling fraud just isn't my style."

But I quit about halfway in, so I'm sure I missed a few gems.

I have quite a few of them...

Chrono Trigger, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Zelda: Link's Awakening, Cave Story, Skies of Arcadia, Max Payne 1 and 2 for the compelling stories.

Super Metroid (the music and the general atmosphere never get old. Good way to blow a few hours)

Ninja Gaiden (The xbox one. Something about the controls just feels absolutely perfect to me. No matter how hard that game gets, I feel like an utter badass whenever I get that perfect combo).

Jedi Outcast (and really the whole Jedi Knight series. You just can't top an FPS that lets you use lightsabers.)

Obvious high-replay value games like Super Smash Bros Brawl, Tetris, Tetris Attack, Street Fighter II Turbo, Bejeweled, Guitar Hero, DDR, etc.

I'm sure I missed a few. Like I said, I have a lot of them.

Civilization IV, without a doubt. Every play creates its own story, so it's never the same thing twice. I love how there's rarely a single point of success or failure - it's a series of decisions made over the past 8 hours of play that result in some very dramatic victories, and crushing defeats.

For example, realizing that I was going to be two turns too late on getting my first victory on Prince difficulty, while the enormous Zulu empire and its three vassals hammered on my poor nation, as I desperately scramble to get that damned spaceship finished anyways, only to have Zulu pull off a diplomatic victory with 10 turns to go. Two of my roommates (whom I have also addicted to this game) were hovering over my shoulder for the last 25 turns, trying to squeeze out every drop of productivity from my cities on the hope that we could actually steal a victory from under Zulu's nose. In the end it was a lost cause, and I've taken a break from the game since then, but I know I'll be coming back to it.

FFV and all that are certainly favorites, but I don't know many other games that can wrest such a hold on me. I hope I'm not the only one who's sat down for "just an hour of CIV before bed" that turned into an all-nighter.

Man, I TOTALLY forgot about Civ IV and Starfox 64.

The former is addicting like no other (well, a rival would be for now TF2) and the latter is so easy to pick up and have fun I have beaten it too many times to count.

I finally unlocked expert mode and that's the only mode I play it on.

I still haven't beaten the false-ending Venom on Expert mode. Just WAY too many ships.

I've lost track of the number of times I've played through Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger

Half Life 2 gets an honorable mention

In terms of muliplayer stuff, I've spent more time on UT2004 than I can think, and I would still play this day if I could find people to play Onslaught against

There are a few games I go back to and play over and over again. Most can be completed pretty quickly by today's standards but still I go back to them faithfully to kill a few hours.

Little Nemo: The Dream Master

Streets of Rage 1 & 2

Sonic CD

Ecco The Dolphin 1 & 2 ( Sega CD version)

Terranigma ( I still tear up at the end every freaking time)

Super Castlevania IV

Castlevania SOTN

I gotta be honest... playing both of those games was like incessantly pounding my penis with a hammer. They're great for me for one playthrough or so, but my skill level is far too low to enjoy them over and over again. lol.

/jealous

lol. I don't have the 360 to play Ninja Gaiden II on, but you're definitely right about the first one. I think it's one of the things I loved about it though. There are so few games that are actually challenging anymore.