Are there any games you guys play over and over again?

atmuh

Shining force; I could never beat the big dragon at the end of the game, so with nowhere else to go, I would start all over. That and Kid Chameleon. It was pretty cool playing mario with swords.

However, with my awesome new VISTA computer, I can't run any of my old games (or my new games for that matter - my computer isn't powerful enough for anything awesome) so goodbye Sega Smash Pack 2

Alot of the classics mainly...

NES:

Mario Bros.

Mario Bros. 3

SNES:

Super Mario World

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

Donkey Kong Country

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

N64

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Gameboy(Advance)

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

Metroid Fusion

Metroid Zero Mission

DS

Chrono Trigger

Playstation/PS2

Megaman X Collection

Legend of Legaia

Nintendo Gamecube

The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker

Metroid Prime

I own no next-gen systems and these are my favorites to replay...

Bioshock Bioshock BIOSHOCK!!!

Beaten that one too many times its not even funny. Just can't get over the 1960s feel of the game I suppose.

Also, Gunstar Heroes for the Genesis will always be a game I can return to. Seven Force has and will always be one of the greatest bosses in sidescroller history.

The Jak and Daxter Trilogy is probably the only game SERIES I continue to replay over and over again.

I've also beaten Ys Book I and II several times and continue to go back for more.

Okami is one I don't think I'll ever get over, just because I can guarantee that 10 years from now, it will still look gorgeous and that's pretty damn impressive for a PS2 title.

And then there's all my danmaku shooters....Le sigh.

I gotta be honest... playing both of those games was like incessantly pounding my penis with a hammer. They're great for me for one playthrough or so, but my skill level is far too low to enjoy them over and over again. lol.

/jealous

It's true they're both very difficult especially the first time through. When I replay NG Black I play on hard and have won it several times.

When I play NG II on new game plus I only play it on Path of the Warrior and it seems easy enough. That's partly what makes it so fun. Starting over with all of your weapons and just going through like a demi God.

My little brother on the other hand is a mech. He was half way through winning Ninja Gaiden Black on Master Ninja when NG II was released so the highest difficulty he ever won Black on is Very Hard. Now though he's won NG II on every difficulty including Master Ninja.

He had to live and breath it to finally finish it on Mentor and Master Ninja but he managed.

Anyways, I just really love those two games and I'm always up for playing them for an hour or two.

I think you mean closer to 1920's

the '60s were all flower power hippie stuff, not elegant skyscrapers and grandiose philosophies

Alright, alright, I never was good with dates. I was thinking about the time the game takes place when you first arrive at Rapture. I forgot that the city was built roughly 30 years earlier, so probably 1930s I would think.

Point is, art deco is badass. End of story.