Hayter creates petition to make him direct a MGS movie

Urban Xperience

David Hayter has set up a petition in order to encourage Sony to give him the A-OK signal to direct a MGS movie. Hayter has been the voice of Solid Snake for ten years and has a great knowledge of the franchise. Moreover he has a great resume with films such as X-Men and of course X-Men 2 under his belt. If you feel he is the right man for the job, then get your name down! Whether this petition is actually set up by him or not, we should still support this great man!!

http://www.petitiononline.com/hayter/petition.html

1: This is not written by David Hayter. It is most likely some overly self-important MGS weeaboo worried the Uwe Boll will get ahold of the script.

2: Online petitions are lulzy. Sorry.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

1. Even if it weren't written by David, I'd rather sign this petition and make him aware that such a petition actually exists, if he did not create it himself. Apparently he did write a script for a Metal Gear movie but was ultimately rejected.

2. We'll see how lulzy petitions are as Uwe Boll has publicly declared that he will retire if 1 million peeps sign a petition to get rid of him making video game movies. The likelihood of the petition reaching that number is high, but Uwe sticking to his word is not. Stil though fuck it, I'd still sign it.

From the petition:

Even if you could just let David Hayter write a rough draft to see what you think. What David can achieve with his screenplay is something very close to the Metal Gear Universe, something that keeps the heart of the series intact. Something that can win fans over, Something thats not just a mindless adaption of a video game, something worth watching.

From reality:

We have confirmed that Hayter pitched his take on the project to Konami but they have opted not to hire him to script and/or produce it. Hayter even penned a treatment for the proposed big-screen version but, alas, the powers-that-be passed on it.

Love Hayter as the voice of Solid Snake...

HOWEVER...

... even if this was real I wouldn't want him writing or directing a Metal Gear movie. While X-men 1 was decent, X-men 2 was silly, and the Hulk was terrible.

...................... I just wonder what exactly they're making this movie about. The first Metal Gear Solid, I hope.

1. Even if it weren't written by David, I'd rather sign this petition and make him aware that such a petition actually exists, if he did not create it himself. Apparently he did write a script for a Metal Gear movie but was ultimately rejected.

Yes, because a couple hundred people signing an anonymous document with no legal or even practical weight will really drive that point home.

Even if a billion real people signed it with their actual names and signatures, that doesn't mean anything. All it says is that people want something; the studio(s) involved in the movie don't have to even look at it. They decide who gets to work on their movie, not the public.

2. We'll see how lulzy petitions are as Uwe Boll has publicly declared that he will retire if 1 million peeps sign a petition to get rid of him making video game movies. The likelihood of the petition reaching that number is high, but Uwe sticking to his word is not. Stil though fuck it, I'd still sign it.

Oh my god... so many things to point out and say... head swimming... *sound of passing out and falling on floor*

OK, one last time: online petitions do nothing. They are not agents of change, they are not awesome legal documents of power, they do not give anyone or any group any influence over anything.

You would be better off sending a hand-written letter through the mail to said person than signing this. Not much better off, but a tenth of a percent is still more than zero, right?