OCR00965 - Chrono Cross "Dreamer"

djpretzel

• 1 month later...

Wow, great job StarBlaze! Keep up the good work, you did an excellent job on this piece! I liked the original version of it, I used to keep my PSX on while playing this song, but this version is WAY better, imo! (Plus, I don't have to keep my PSX running for God knows how long :wink: ) I think this mix is probably one of the better CC mixes on the site because you completely redid it as opposed to some of the others that seemed to just changed the tempo of the song... This song puts out a good vibe and makes me think that you tried to redo the song in Ragnarok Online style (for a part of it), while the rest sounds like someone is going to leave on an epic adventure. I look forward to your next mix! Again, keep up the great work! :)

Edit: If you don't know Ragnarok Online, the instruments that make me think of one of the songs from that game are the stringed instrument and the piano (yes, I noticed it). Man, if I could remix..... I'd want to be able to remix a song like this one, I've never really heard songs on the site like this one.... I think I'm in love....

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have had this one in my mp3 rotation for at least a year. And I have grown very fond of it. To me it is very innocent and happy.

The song reminds me of all my pets, past and present.

strange eh? But it's true, every time I hear it, I think of tha animals I love or have loved.... hmm.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

wow, a Chrono Cross mix that I somehow overlooked, and ends up being amazing. DJP said it right, those hihats are really the star here (not sure i'll ever have a chance to say *that* again XD ), and hearing something this upbeat and well nuanced really makes me want to do some tracks in this style. It's very inspiring.

Great mix!

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00965 - Chrono Cross "Dreamer"