OCR00966 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Lullaby Proximitus"

djpretzel

Very tight stuff. Your drums are really fresh and exciting. I can't believe the judges were "split" on the vote! Jeeze. The harshness of this is freakin cool. Wah wah. Guess the judges can't take much different from the norm. I love it. Awesome work. Keep on using messed up sounds like that. They're sweet.

What is with all these ".... it is okay.... kinda strange some times.... It is an alright remix" posts?

Anyways, I like this Remix mainly because it is from a Zelda game!!

Well, I think the drums you have in this go along great with the piano and such.

Most everything sounds crisp, and clear.

I do think you could have sanded the edges on this song just alittle more, becuase there are many parts that just don't seem, perfect.

Close enough for me though.

Keep up the great work.

Hrm. Pretty good stuff. Rather short though - a bit right near the end where the off-beat notes are used for that rough-distorty-gurgly-whatevery sound, which I can see would not appeal to some people

(By that I mean, if you take one sound and give it unconventional sound AND arrangement into the larger piece, people will typically not like it if they are orderly musically.)

Nevertheless I think it would be a worthy song of putting on my CDs somewhere IF it were a good bit longer. This song stops just as it gets going :(

GIMME MORE!

There. That's as informal as I'll get for a while.

This is a very interesting piece. Perfectly to my tastes. I've never played Ocarina of Time, and therefore know nothing of the original piece. But I have to say that, even without extensive knowledge of the original, this is pretty much ear candy.

The unique blending of synths and piano was fun, to say the least. The drums (perhaps the most entertaining part) were right on. The layering was nice and the gradual working-in of the various tracks was pure ecstacy as far as musical theory was concerned. And it's not everyday that such things as what I refer to as machinegun-drums fit in with musical theory.

Nice work, Wintermute. I look forward to hearing more of your material.

I really liked this one, it's very different from most Zelda ReMixes. The first thing that comes to mind when I listen to this is Linkin Park. Yes, Linkin Park. This mix is done in a style that would match their "Breaking The Habbit" very well. Seeing as how that song is just plain beautiful, that's a compliment in my eyes.

Great job! :D I hope to see more of this offbeat electronic mixing style in the future.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
I've never played Ocarina of Time.

:o Wow. I don't think I've ever met anyone gamer like that. But, I guess that makes the compliments you gave even better. I hear an awesome song and an intense feeling of nostalgia that adds to the awesomness. You just get the former. So any praise from you counts for extra! :P

As for the actual song, aural bliss definently describes it.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00966 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Lullaby Proximitus"