Murder Instinct REDUX (Akuma Stage) - SSF2T (BotA)

Ever since the release of Blood on the Asphalt, I have never been entirely happy with my track Murder Instinct. For a start alot of the samples were godawful. The strings sounded like they were dropped into a meat grinder. Also my production and mastering skills were woefully sub par, resulting in a badly produced track.

So, after a year or so of knowing that abomination was out there, I decided to go back and clean the damn thing up. I stripped the track down and salvaged what I could. I replaced the strings with ones of a much higher quality and played around with the counter melody a little. I also replaced some of the synths.

At the moment it's still a WIP, but already it sounds far better than the original. Of course any feedback you can offer would most helpful.

Link: Murder Instinct REDUX

This definitely sounds a lot cleaner than the previous version.

Maybe I'm imagining things, but the piano during the breakdown around 2:10 sounds better (louder?) to me in the old version.

Also, the flute in the background around 1:20 ~ 1:30 (and later on around 3:00) is nice; try to give it a little more "screentime"/put it more into the foreground.