OCR00967 - Super Metroid "Zebesian Midnight"

djpretzel

Awesome remix, I can't believe I didn't comment sooner as I've listened to it countless times.

Apparently I just found out there's even a longer and better version, but it seems divshare doesn't work, it's a never ending cycle of download button click shenanigans. If anyone is willing to upload it to megaupload it will be much appreciated :-)

Awesome remix, I can't believe I didn't comment sooner as I've listened to it countless times.

Apparently I just found out there's even a longer and better version, but it seems divshare doesn't work, it's a never ending cycle of download button click shenanigans. If anyone is willing to upload it to megaupload it will be much appreciated :-)

oh geez, I'm sorry! I edited the link in my previous post.

• 4 weeks later...

Man, it sucks that Jesse thinks he is too cool to remix tracks anymore, because this is really good stuff. :roll:

It flows really well between sources, and has a languid approach to getting it's ideas out; there's no harried rush here, just some really well done themes spread out over seven and a half minutes. The intensity varies between sections, keeping things surprising, but the transitions remain strong. Pretty excellent stuff. :-)

• 1 year later...

So I was listening to some online radio stream earlier tonight, and found a nice one called The Spinning Stream. Apparently it's Famicom Fridays too, so they're playing songs that are from or are remixes of tracks from that system. Good lineup; even some ReMixes in it.

That brings me to this. It played this track. I'd seen it before, but hadn't had the chance to check it out (or the drive to do so). However, upon hearing it I wonder why I never did so.

What is contained within this track is a beautiful atmosphere, one that takes the feeling of an alien world conveyed by the multiple source tracks and merges them into something similar yet altogether different at the same time. After hearing it, I came here and downloaded it right away.

I'm rather pleased that it came up; another excellent track is always good to add to one's musical collection. And Vig's track here is definitely one of those.

• 1 month later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00967 - Super Metroid "Zebesian Midnight"