Final Fantasy Dissidia

DJ Mighty

Specifically speaking...

FF: Dissidia is an action game currently in development by Square Enix for the PlayStation Portable as part of the campaign of the Final Fantasy series 20th anniversary. Information on the game was first released during the "Square Enix Party" event of May 2007. It is unknown if the game will be released outside of Japan, although the trademark Dissidia was registered by Square Enix in North America on April 6, 2007. The game features characters from different Final Fantasy games participating in one-on-one battles.[1]

Think Sony Playstation's take on Super Smash Brothers Brawl except of course being exclusive to the Final Fantasy series and probably limited to just the basics of a fighting game. :)!!

This and this are always your friends before you make a thread to ask about something.

As long as the thread is here, we might as well discuss the game. It's basically Smash Bros for the FF series. It seems kind of silly, but then again, so did the original Smash Bros. And so did Kingdom Hearts. So I'm not going to knock it. Though I'm not a fan of the cast (a simple aggregation of the main heroes and villains from nearly every FF game... not as cool as it sounds), I'm very surprised Cloud (who shows up friggin everywhere) has not been announced (though he'll likely be a secret character).

I still have no idea exactly what kind of game Dissidia will be, but my best guess is that yeah, it'll probably be Smash Bros. ala Final Fantasy. It looks cool, but it had better have more than just your lead antagonist/protagonist from a paltry set of only 6 FF games. I'd better see either Zell, Tifa, Irving, Sabin, or something else in there, or this will just scream letdown.

Does look pretty though.

From what I've read, there will be 20 characters in it; the main protagonist and antagonist from each of the first 10 FF games. So you'd have Squall/Ultimicia, Zidane/Kuja, Squall/Ultimecia Cloud/Sephiroth (Even though Cloud hasn't been shown, Sephiroth has), Tidus/Jecht, etc etc...So sorry, doesn't look like there'll be much in the way of jiggle. Unless you really, really like Ultimecia. ;)

And yes, I'm a noob who doesn't know much about the FF games before 7, hehe.

Zeromus..? Chances are it'll be Golbez/Cecil Though who exactly would be up against Kefka; under the assumption that it will include the first ten FF games...

Terra / Kefka

Or Sabin / Kefka (Sabin is just a much better fighter...)

FF1 would be Warrior / Garland

FF2 would be... meh who the hell played that game anyway?

FF3 would be Onion Knight / Who was the villain again?

FF5 Butz / Gilgamesh (not he final villain, but come on a TREE?)

Didn't I see Locke like all over that trailer?

No. That was Firion from FF2.

Now with God of War .5, the FF Tactics remake, Disgaea 1 remake, Crisis Core and now THIS game, I'm starting to get all ... "want-y".

Fixed, but... yeah. Though there's no guarantee this game is coming out here. Only indication is the trademark of the name, and we all remember Chrono Break.

When did Tidus get superspeed? Bah, whatever, not like I'll be able to play this game any time soon.

Tidus' main ability even in FF10 was how ridiculously fast he is. Honestly, endgame Tidus can get three or more attacks in before anyone else in the battle even moves, so it really isn't out of character for him.

I guarantee Cloud and Sephiroth are in it, it's a given at this stage in the FF7-whoring plan (and the first trailer had just those two, IIRC).

Also I will forgive any other exclusion so long as they put Gilgamesh and his theme music in.

People will die if the following are not in the game:

Cecil OR Ryida/Golzbeze (FF4)

Tina OR Celes OR Sabin/Kefka (FF6)

Onion Kid/Dark Cloud (FF3)

Butz OR Faris/Gilamesh (FF5)

I will have forgiveness on Sqaure Enix if any of the metion are in this game.

At least give us more old school Final Fantasy characters. Light Warrior and Firion is a start!

I enjoy the FFT remake much more than the original. The re-translation is amazing.

Yeah, there was a time when I considered getting a PSP just for this remake. It kinda died when I realized I wouldn't be interested in many other games besides Crisis Core, though.

Well... Apparently they're only halfway done with the game, so we can hope that they'll add more than just this(so far) stale roster.

Also, PSP is fun. We get Birth By Sleep, Dissidia, First Departure, and Second Evolution all by some time next year.

Also also, difference between this and Chrono Break? Chrono Break never happened.