Final Fantasy Dissidia

DJ Mighty

I'm in the same boat as sephire. I wasn't planning on getting a psp, but with all the recent games, I really want one too. The thing is, I hate portable gaming. I just don't feel like I'm relaxing and really enjoying my game. I want to sit home and use my large controller with my large screen (not really large but much more so than a PSP, of course) and take it all in. I don't want to make it my job to level up in Disgaea. But now that FF Tactics, Star Ocean, and Xenosaga games are all out on it, I really want one. Is there any way to hook a PSP up to your TV?

Terra / Kefka

Or Sabin / Kefka (Sabin is just a much better fighter...)

I dunno know about the rest of you, but fighting in esper form would rock imho

FF1 would be Warrior / Garland

FF2 would be... meh who the hell played that game anyway?

FF3 would be Luneth / Zande

FF5 Butz / Gilgamesh (not he final villain, but come on a TREE?)

Fixed the FF3 for ya ;) well, except the fact that I never beat it (im at that Dark Knight cave for the first time and the boss quakes me to death lol. Im sure i need float but, i refuse to GameFAQ a game that is on my first playthrough) so I dont know who the final boss is for certain, but I would think Square would use the DS FF3 since they took the time to redo it, and is more recognizable and mainstream than NES FF3. Unless of course the fanbase wants NES FF3 Onion Knight and the corporate machine decides to listen (which is rare.) But my chips are still with Luneth and whoever the hell the last boss he faces.

and FF5: X-Death in his regular form would still work quite well dont ya think?

• 4 months later...

Bumping with video of full (standard) roster.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42668.html

Terra looks great, and Cecil pulls a Zelda/Sheik and can change from Dark Knight to Paladin version and back. Good idea.

I think it's just cool seeing these old characters in some updated form.

Oh, and I don't know who here ever played FFXI but the NPC Shantotto's been confirmed to be an unlockable character (not shown in this trailer. but pic: http://hoimi.us/up/img/gaf/deshi0001_6573961.jpg)

If someone as obscure as her could make it, I hope that means there's hope for Tactics.

Also, no doubt the cast is going to have a serious exchange of fashion tips at some point.

this joke has been beaten to death and is no longer funny

'look the characters are dressing extravagantly lol what gays'

seriously welcome to video games for the past twenty fucking years or so

I dunno, even if they're all effeminate I like that the exoticness of a lot of Amano's old designs is being kept intact. The series has always been like this anyways.

I seriously doubt it has more dialogue than Crisis Core, though unlike Crisis Core this game has many different characters for you to play as and I'm guessing maybe they'll have different dialogue for different characters so maybe that's what they mean. It's not a bigger story, you just have more characters to say more stuff.

Because it's gonna need to explain how all these characters exist simultaneously and the complex backstory behind the villains' revivals. Also, no doubt the cast is going to have a serious exchange of fashion tips at some point.

It's going to, but it doesn't need to.

I seriously doubt it has more dialogue than Crisis Core, though unlike Crisis Core this game has many different characters for you to play as and I'm guessing maybe they'll have different dialogue for different characters so maybe that's what they mean. It's not a bigger story, you just have more characters to say more stuff.

Why ever doubt anything when you can find out for yourself?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Dissidia#Audio

Well you never know, it's not like things about unreleased games haven't been blown out of proportion before, even by the company making the game itself. I'm still skeptical but if it is true it's probably the thing with different dialogue then. It'd be cool if everyone said different things to different opponents even for non-story fights.

In the years since FFX, Square has grown to be one of the two video game companies that does voice acting right, so I don't really mind how much dialogue there is.

the other is Valve, of course

I knew the other was going to be Valve. They're the only company that manage to have perfect mouth movements too.

In the years since FFX, Square has grown to be one of the two video game companies that does voice acting right, so I don't really mind how much dialogue there is.

the other is Valve, of course

I have to agree. I've been playing Final Fantasy XII and The Last Remnant lately, and I have to say that the voice acting is superb. Final Fantasy XII's voice work in particular blew me away in terms of how good it was. It's a far cry from the cheesy anime-dub voice work that you'd expect.