Final Fantasy Dissidia

DJ Mighty

What is up with Butz? I didn't think he would be that skinny for one. And why does he have the buster sword, and since when can he merge swords?

I'm guessing he's the embodiment of the job system from that game. Also he was always super-skinny in the original Amano artwork.

Mr. Woolsey, who did the original FF6 translation, opted to change her name, as Tina isn't very exotic by western standards.

So it was originally Tina, and now they decide to keep to the authentically correct name? Is there a reason for reverting back to the original? (I find Terra and Aeris as better names.)

Can someone tell me what's the deal with Terra and Tina? Is it something like Aeris and Aerith?

Terra is a girl who was a Teen Titan for a short while, but only so she could betray them and allow Deathstroke to kidnap them. Nightwing and Jericho came in to try and rescue the Titans from the H.I.V.E. complex where they were being held, but Nightwing and Jericho were captured as well. However, using his ability, Jericho possessed the body of Deathstroke (oddly enough, his father), and freed the Titans. This made Terra think that Deathstroke had turned against her, and so in a fit of wild rage, she collapsed the entire H.I.V.E. building on top of herself in an attempt to kill Deathstroke.

Tina, is the voluptuous blonde wrestling chick in the Dead or Alive series (the one with tits big enough that each nearly matches her head in size).

Does that help? :-D

So it was originally Tina, and now they decide to keep to the authentically correct name? Is there a reason for reverting back to the original? (I find Terra and Aeris as better names.)

Keep in mind that's the Japanese site. When Dissidia is localized you can be sure Tina will become Terra, Butz will become Bartz, etc.

Keep in mind that's the Japanese site. When Dissidia is localized you can be sure Tina will become Terra, Butz will become Bartz, etc.

Not necessarily. Aerith remained as Aerith in Crisis Core. Also, Bartz was the Japanese version and Butz was the version they used in FF Anthology for the PSX. I can't remember what they did with Butz/Bartz in the GBA version, but I seem to remember it being Bartz.

Word. Smash Brothers Brawl pushes Wii to the limit. I can't imagine how one would work on PSP.

I doubt Brawl pushed the Wii to its limit. It's definitely a good game, but not that spectacular in terms of effects, complexity of backgrounds, and such.

The one drawback to fighting games on the PSP is the thumbstick. I tried Street Fighter Alpha 3 Turbo Max and while I'm far from being a good Street Fighter player, I found it really hard to pull off combos using the thumbstick, even in practice mode. The size of the screen won't be a big deal, if they design the game right. Obviously, a big, wide-open map like Brawl uses won't work unless the players are always right beside each other, so they'll have to come up with a different mechanic to keep things compact enough that it works for the PSP screen. Of course, they could always use the 2D fighting area like Street Fighter games do, but the screenshots seem to suggest otherwise.

Also, Bartz was the Japanese version and Butz was the version they used in FF Anthology for the PSX. I can't remember what they did with Butz/Bartz in the GBA version, but I seem to remember it being Bartz.

It was Battsu in the Japanese version, and Bartz in the GBA version. The GBA version is considered by fans to be the canonical translation because;

a) It's the better translation.

1) BUTTS IS A DUMB NAME