OCR00968 - *YES* Sonic the Hedgehog 2 'Welcome to the Metropolis' *FT*

analoq

nuts has been waiting six weeks, so here it is. i'll give it a vote this weekend. oh yeah, 600th post! hmm! - analoq

Well, since I submitted a remix before the beggining of the year and I haven't got any response for it, and since I submitted this some time ago without any results again, I'm contacting analoq to get this in the juding thread.

Well, this was a remix I made for IMC12, the Metropolis Zone - Sonic the Hedgehog 2. It got good reviews and I think it sounds good too. Though I have better songs than this now. Anyways, I used lots of effects for this, filtering, gating, panning, flange, and.. well I know you'll notice all that (that's why you're judges here). This was made with fruityloops 3.5, 3xosc, tst404 and umm some drum samples, it's fast, as sonic would be, and well I like it a lot, and I hope that you and all the ocr listeners will too.

(edit- file updated)

If acepted, this should be credited to S|r Nuts. I think I'm not forgetting anything but if I do you can Pm me or send me an e-mail.

I'm going to pass this, but I personally don't really like the song. It's a bit too start and stop for me to make it really "listenable". Despite this, you can tell a good amount of work has gone into this song, especially the panning and synth aspects. Could have done more though, such as giving us more time to listen to each part before changing it - the quick changes made me mad. I also didn't overly like how much of the song relied on effects for its variation. Overal, not a bad job, but could have done more.

YES.

-Jive

well I also competed in imc12 so I'm quite familiar with the source material. There are good variations of the original themes here, the original is less than 50 seconds long, so extending it to any length while keeping it interesting takes some time. And this pulls that off nicely.

I'm not liking all of the sounds here, although they're not default patches they just have that FL sound to them, much like how the Nord Lead has a characteristic sound to it. But that's just a personal preference.

There is some painful resonance at 1:43.. uurrgghh! nice drum programming at 2:10ish section and good use of filters. Combining both sections of the original together at 3:00ish was very clever... why didn't I think of that? passable.

edit:

Ok, he fixed the spot at 1:43 so now it does not cause my ears to hurt. so, as promised...

yes