Wall-E

FuriousFure

so is no one excited for Pixar's latest work? I saw it last night and loved it!

it now rests as one of my Favorite Pixar Movies. with it tied in first with The Incredibles

the amazing thing is that it has such an awesome message and great love story, but the cast is only 7 people big. Pixar is amazing!

I just came back from the movie. Thanks THQ for paying my way in and for me getting paid to see it! It was a great movie and I had a bit more vested interest in the film since I tested the game based on it. The animation was spectacular. The pacing was well done and they did a great job telling a story with such little dialog. I'd love to see it again and it definitely ranks up as one of my favorite animated films as well as film in general.

Wow, you guys liked the message? I couldn't stand the heavy-handed hippie nonsense. But doggone, the character development between Wall-E and Eve was phenomenal. I had no qualms believing that these robots were in love. And the twist at the end (replacement chip -> lost memory) was totally believable. I loved every minute those two were on screen, and I left the theater feeling like I'd just made two new friends. But Toy Story is still my favorite.

Presto, however...just wow. It's perfect. I'll just say it. It's perfect. I'd go again, just to see Presto. Just like they used to make back at Termite Terrace. I geeked. Hard.

I saw it tonight. Two things that I thought were interesting relating to the crowd:

1. There was a collective groan after the preview for the upcoming stupid Chihuahua movie.

2. The theatre was silent when the credits began rolling, for about 10 seconds. I'd expect that with some sort of drama or R-rated movie, but I never would have guessed for a Pixar movie.

Awesome film. It's a shame that a bunch of people probably left the movie hating it. Also a shame that a lot of kids might be too young to appreciate it.

Presto, however...just wow. It's perfect. I'll just say it. It's perfect. I'd go again, just to see Presto. Just like they used to make back at Termite Terrace. I geeked. Hard.

yeah! Presto was quite the nonstop Hilarious short! I don't think I stop laughing until the credits were going... maybe even longer.

yeah as for the message, I just let it go instead of finding it to be point of contention. which is surprising to myself, that I did that. usually I scoff at that kind of thought process.

but WALL-E makes me forget all about that kind of hubbub! as said before their relationship and how they interact. makes it one of the most believable love story in recent movie history. amazing! I gotta see it again soon and seeing that i work as a projectionist at a theater, that shouldn't be too hard to do, and to make it sweeter, i get to see it fo' free!

Totally couldn't get out of my mind that Walle was Jhonny 5. But The movie was great. A very nice job with camera movement feeling more robotic.

I just wish I could have enjoyed my afterthoughts more on Walle before seeing Wanted lol.

*Slight spoiler*

Did anyone find it creepy tho when Walle was doing stuff with Eve while she was in standby/sleep mode? Sorta like dating someone in a coma...

The "message" does feel a little blatant as the story progresses to new settings, but I like that Pixar doesn't sit there and beat you over the head after introducing the place. It just becomes the setting of a delightful fiction story. After the initial shock, it just sort of fades to the background and lets the characters shine on their own. I thought it handled the whole thing pretty well.

All of that aside, Wall-E is one of the most amazing works of animation I've ever seen. I don't deserve to work in the same field as these animators. But darn if I'm not going to try anyway.

And Presto was awesome.

Ya know, there aren't too many good Sci-Fi themed things (novels especially) that don't have some sort of message. That's kind of what Sci-Fi does: make interesting observations and predictions about the future of our society. Just sayin'.

I agree with this fully. Even if you think there may be some sort of agenda, just enjoy the concept as a premise and roll with it. Because in that movie's universe, that's exactly what happened and it won't change. Also this is the cutest movie ever. Lots of ooo's, ahhh's, awww's, and laughs. To me, this tugs at the heartstrings harder than Finding Nemo. Although...I haven't watched Finding Nemo in a while. I'm so impressed that I remained focused on a full length movie whose main protagonists had little dialogue.

EDIT: Also, the soundtrack was really good.

There were a few messages that the movie had. One was definitely global warming related. And the other was about robots taking over our lives. Another was consumerism. I pretty much agree with them and I didn't feel like it was painfully obvious. It definitely didn't overshadow the characters. It didn't make me think any differently because I pretty agree with what the movie is saying. I don't know if it changed the minds of others, or made them think about what was going on.

Ya know, there aren't too many good Sci-Fi themed things (novels especially) that don't have some sort of message. That's kind of what Sci-Fi does: make interesting observations and predictions about the future of our society. Just sayin'.

yes, that is a good point. many good stories have some kind of message. in fact, you can't have a meaningful story without at least a couple. movies are no different. there are a couple of movies that have no meaning behind them, i think those titles all end with "Movie" and there worse off without them.

just like "Brave new world" and "1984" and "Animal Farm" and a bazillion other well written stories have very far out and wild settings that usually involve earth being affected by something else. turning into a giant desert is one, being flooded is another, being overrun by technology, being without any technology, or being governed by straight up rules with no emotion or having complete anarchy being the governing body. movies and books, story telling in general, needs a setting that is different in someway. and Pixar chose what it chose.

Pixar knows what its doing with story. in fact, all this movie is, is story! theres like 15 spoken lines in the whole movie and they have basically nothing to do with the main plot

Probably the worst movie I've seen in a long long time.

And by worst, I mean I really really really liked it.

Also, does anyone else here feel like the traditional Pixar Short at the beginning was heavily inspired by Portal? Hmmmmm????

GLADOS should have made a cameo. That totally would have pushed the movie up to an 11.

Probably the worst movie I've seen in a long long time.

And by worst, I mean I really really really liked it.

Also, does anyone else here feel like the traditional Pixar Short at the beginning was heavily inspired by Portal? Hmmmmm????

GLADOS should have made a cameo. That totally would have pushed the movie up to an 11.

Portal was all I could think about. I think pretending there was a portal correlation made it even better.

first thing i thought of when i saw the short

then the beginning of the movie with wall-e doing his rounds all alone reminded me of I Am Legend

and the ships computer pilot (i forgot its name) reminded me of glados

I think the message of the movie was pretty good even if it was really a bit overhanded, but you have to remember that it's basically a CG cartoon.

Basically, this movie is like Idiocracy + a CG Charlie Chaplin movie. Idiocracy beats you over the head with its stupidity and message that we're all headed to becoming idiots (even the giant pillars of trash was in Idiocracy), but Wall-E has the cute factor in there.

I wish they did more of the space scenery because those were truly breathtaking. The entire theater was silent for the space scenes.

Pixar knows what its doing with story. in fact, all this movie is, is story! theres like 15 spoken lines in the whole movie and they have basically nothing to do with the main plot

Woah! That's it? How can there be so little lines in a modern movie?