Diablo III

Bren

I hear you. However, once you realize that the slow walking graphics go with the music and pretend that the character is grooving to the beats it becomes not only bearable, but even kind of awesome, in it's own right.

Hahaha awesome. I think my problem was that when I got into the games, I had played Diablo 2 first, so then when I tried to play Diablo 1 I stopped after like 10 minutes :razz:

"I slowly started to lose interest because I didn't like the direction the company was taking the game... auction house, DRM, etc. :<

~Syllix"

DRM is similar to SecuRom right? Given SecuRom's horrible reputation, you'd think that Blizzard would back-down from this sort of thing, lest they risk getting sued by angry gamers. I mean, if EA can get sued, then so can Blizz...right?

(Also, is there a way to prevent your system from being infected by the DRM?)

BTW, went to Wiki, just to make sure I wasn't getting my facts wrong, and found some interesting things about DRM: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_rights_management

"Data Restriction Management" is definitely the best way to describe this shitty software.

Edited by HoboKa

• 1 month later...
That's kind of the point of a stress test, isn't it?

Bingo. I mean it sucks that some people won't get to play it because of the servers being totally capped out but that's the point of the stress test. The fact that things broke is a good sign that things are working as intended. If things eerily worked without any problems on a stress test, then the inevitable crash will come at launch. And THAT is what no Diablo fan will want.

Well, after being bombarded by about 7 different error messages, I think I'm just gonna have to skip this. With all the bad reception and Blizzard dumb "Beta weekend" idea rather than just, oh, I don't know, just a regular Beta release, I don't know if it's worth it.