Diablo III

Bren

We ran the Secret Pony level today actually, farming up all the items for it was a pain in the ass though.

I'm currently level 52 in Act 1 Hell and those elite mobs are starting to get pretty insane. I simply can't solo certain compositions with my monk (fire chains, invincible minions, jailer, vampiric), and this is with 23k HP, 2700 armor, and all resistances around 70. Can't wait to see what Inferno holds in store.

We ran the Secret Pony level today actually, farming up all the items for it was a pain in the ass though.

I'm currently level 52 in Act 1 Hell and those elite mobs are starting to get pretty insane. I simply can't solo certain compositions with my monk (fire chains, invincible minions, jailer, vampiric), and this is with 23k HP, 2700 armor, and all resistances around 70. Can't wait to see what Inferno holds in store.

Glad to hear that things are challenging on Hell difficulty -- looking forward to your report of Inferno!

Serenity is your best friend.

Hi guys! I'm playing this most every night as a reward for studying. This is mostly pointed to the ol' DotA/HoN/LoL crew but if any of you want to play with me I won't mind.

Battletag is seiryuZERO#1513 though I'll probably re-add you as a realID friend depending on who you are. I only really have my Hell demon hunter right now but I'd love to play with you guys.

I refuse to believe that I have to be a marketplace shark at the Auction House to progress in this game x_x And how am I supposed to get like a million golds?!

Not really a marketplace shark. I've bought some weapons and all I had to do was set up a simple filter, scroll 2 or 3 pages and buy the item. A new item (specially a weapon) helps a lot with progress. Items for levels 30-40 aren't too expensive. I've bought good items for 5k to 30k gold, for all the help they do that's very cheap.

So far its been an enjoyable experience for me.

Up to Nightmare Act 3 with my Monk.

When they said, "You will die." they definitely were not kidding!

As for gear and all that I haven't bothered at all with the AH.

Doing it the old fashion way find it, ID it, Use it or sell it.

The AH seems confusing to me and there is a lot going on there.

Anything I think my friends might be able to use I hold onto in case they need it.

I can't even imagine what Inferno will be like!

So far its been an enjoyable experience for me.

Up to Nightmare Act 3 with my Monk.

When they said, "You will die." they definitely were not kidding!

As for gear and all that I haven't bothered at all with the AH.

Doing it the old fashion way find it, ID it, Use it or sell it.

The AH seems confusing to me and there is a lot going on there.

Anything I think my friends might be able to use I hold onto in case they need it.

I can't even imagine what Inferno will be like!

The AH is very simple actually. Go to the search tab, select the equipment slot, rarity and maybe add a filter (str for a barbarian, dex for a monk etc) and hit search. Check the results, maybe scroll a few pages, Buy the item, enjoy.

It's not that necessary for Nightmare, but for Hell getting good items is a priority unless you want to farm nightmare for weeks. The old way of doing this back in D2 was to trade items directly with other players but that's not really a viable option anymore.

Well, Blizzard stealth-nerfed a lot of characters:

- Demon Hunter Smoke Screen only lasts for 1 second, 2 seconds runed, and has a 3 second cooldown now.

- Wizards Energy Armor no longer protects you from getting one-shot so you can't do the low Vit Inferno build anymore.

- Monks Boon of Protection got removed or something, basically means you can't repeatedly spam it for lots of tanking power anymore.

Seems like they're really intent on not letting you be able to solo Inferno.

The only one of those that really matters it the wizard nerf, in my opinion.

I'm already through most of act 2 on hell solo largely on the strength of guaranteed monstrous critical hits paired with good kiting and caltrops. Smoke screen is solid for breaking roots and freeze but otherwise I don't use discipline on it.

Edited by eternal Zero

Ball Lightning and Frost Arrow are neck and neck right now for whatever I'm using as my main damage.

Ball is better for fire and keep moving but Frost gives you that nice slow which helps out your entire party if you're not solo. Both do great AoE damage but both are blocked by walls. I used Ball through all of nightmare but in hell I find myself using Frost all the time because the slow is necessary but I'll switch to ball when an elite has invulnerable minions that would normally block my shots. Oh also at point blank range which is sometimes unavoidable Ball doesn't do its full damage where Frost not only will do full damage but give you a means to create a gap without spending any discipline on vault or smoke.