Diablo III

Bren

Do you mean that you actually have 50% reduction through resistances, or just 50 points in every resistance? Resistances are pretty much the most lucrative stat to boost, which is something I found out on my Monk where I dropped like 10k of Health (down to below 30k) in favor of boosting my resistances to like 400, suddenly Inferno got a lot easier as a melee.

Ultimately, melees will have a better time soloing Inferno because with enough gear, they can actually tank a lot of it while still dealing respectable damage, while ranged will always be quite squishy. My Act 2 DH experience consists of standing two screens away from anything and blindfiring Hungering Arrows to pick off mobs, then running across half the map while liberally dropping caltrops and smoke screens if I ever run into an elite. I can imagine that once you're actually geared up on a Barb or Monk, the playstyle is not nearly as cheesy.

I have 300+ All Resistances. I think I topped 400 on some, which gives me 50% resistance all. This, along with 43k HP and and almost 7k armor should be enough to do act 1 without problems. But the thing is, I'm not using a shield, which is MANDATORY. That's my problem right there, I can't play the way I really want to, I can only progress by playing in the only way it's currently viable right now.

As I said, I will keep farming until my fingers bleed and I get better gear so at least I can see act 2, but this is just so broken atm. Really hope that patch they're working on gives barbarians a few more ways to progress rather than just one.

Basically right now my tactic as a Dual wield barbarian is this: tank normal mobs ok, thats not much problem. When I see a champion pack or rare, I make sure your wrath cooldown is ready.

If, not I wait till it's up. When I'm ready, I leap in, pop the cooldown and PRAY that I kill at least 1 of the champions or one of the rare minions (Remember, I sacrificed all my damage for survival so barbarians do no damage at all), if not, I just wasted 5 minutes of waiting. If I do kill one of the elites, it's now a 50/50 chance that I can kill the entire pack. This works until Halls of agony, where I hit yet another brick wall and zerging doesn't work anymore.

That is just as gimmicky if not worse than what ranged has to do atm (blind shooting from the screen edge), only that they actually have a chance of killing the harder mobs, while I don't stand a chance.

I do agree that with enough gear things will get farmable, the hard part is actually getting to that point. Anyways, I'm just hoping the next patch addresses these gameplay issues, cuz I actualy love how the barbarian plays, I'm just not loving staying behind while everybody advances.

If every talent spec was viable, the game would be laughably easy. There are different types of players with different goals in the game, and if you want to do the super hard stuff, then you'll have to min/max.

Half the challenge is finding what talents work for different stages of the game. :-)

Half the challenge is figuring out what your battletag is. :-o

If every talent spec was viable, the game would be laughably easy. There are different types of players with different goals in the game, and if you want to do the super hard stuff, then you'll have to min/max.

Half the challenge is finding what talents work for different stages of the game. :-)

Not really asking for every crazy spec to be viable. Asking for 4 or 5 builds that work for barbarians wouldn't be too much to ask, since all other classes have more variety. Besides, one of the big points Blizzard advertised about Diablo 3 was that There would be many, many viable specs and a few optimal ones, very far from the current situation.

Hey brandon how about you share your battletag uh? I have OA's already Let's play some VIDEOGAMES YO!

Diracy;863228']I prefer to think of it as this :D

I SWEAR guys' date=' most of the time this is the song playing in my head while fighting champs on inferno. Seriously.

[url']

It makes things less frustrating when it happens!

Edited by Sir_NutS

Not really asking for every crazy spec to be viable. Asking for 4 or 5 builds that work for barbarians wouldn't be too much to ask, since all other classes have more variety. Besides, one of the big points Blizzard advertised about Diablo 3 was that There would be many, many viable specs and a few optimal ones, very far from the current situation.

So far, for the first three difficulties, it's quite true - and amazing! I'm actually more worried that Inferno will become trivial within the next few months and that there won't be enough to do. I'm sure they will add more content though, and PVP will certainly be fun.

If you beat the game on normal, you've really seen all there is to see of the game. The Inferno endgame is just for people who will find the good items, sell them for real cash, and bring in more profits for Blizzard. And maybe they'll release a piece of DLC in the future that expands the level cap and introduces some more powerful items that can be sold for more money.

I think they'll be making inferno manageable for people because if it isn't, they'll make less money.

:-o

OMG MY BATTLE TAG IS bestrader#1558

ADD ME YO!!

oooh so you are bestrader. I already added you WE'VE PLAYED VIDEOGAMES TOGETHER ALREADY YO. I just didn't know it was you.

So far, for the first three difficulties, it's quite true - and amazing! I'm actually more worried that Inferno will become trivial within the next few months and that there won't be enough to do. I'm sure they will add more content though, and PVP will certainly be fun.

Yeah for normal through the first acts of Hell you can pretty much do any build you want and you will be fine.

Inferno becoming trivial wouldn't be an issue if the system behind it is fun. Diablo 2 Hell wasn't nearly as difficult as D2 inferno, yet people played it for years because the loot hunt was fun. That's what I'd like to see this game change, make it more about loot hunting and getting interesting loot to build your character exactly the way you want and less about getting gold to buy items in the AH to be able to progress.

I think Inferno is more or less working as intended. After you've finished Hell, your character is maxed out, and the game is basically done. Inferno is like the Diablo equivalent of a crazy challenge mode that stacks you up against impossible odds, and Blizzard has explicitly stated that they only expect a small portion of the playerbase to play it, let alone beat it.

I think Inferno is more or less working as intended. After you've finished Hell, your character is maxed out, and the game is basically done. Inferno is like the Diablo equivalent of a crazy challenge mode that stacks you up against impossible odds, and Blizzard has explicitly stated that they only expect a small portion of the playerbase to play it, let alone beat it.

Yeah that's like... against everything that made diablo a lasting game. Suppose you're not a hardcore player just a normal gamer. You beat diablo 2, what's next? you can go up till you beat it in hell, which isn't too difficult. You go and do that, whats next? next comes the item hunt! the most engaging part of a diablo game and what kept people playing this game for years and still keeps them playing.

If Inferno is made to be unbeatable, where's diablo 3's replayability and lasting appeal? If only 1% of the playerbase can beat inferno, then only 1% of the playerbase will be allowed to take part in the most interesting aspect of a diablo game, the item hunt and the character building. Does Blizzard really wants only that tiny percentage of the playerbase playing for the years to come?

Your character isn't maxed out when you beat hell, your character is just ready to be built into whatever you want.

I finally finished normal last night. Very fun, though I wish they'd addressed more of what happened to Leah. I guess Blizzard will put out an expansion that continues the story.

Nice spoiler there :-D

But yeah they've said pretty straight that they are revisiting that particular story element in the DLC.

They also said Diablo is a woman in this game.

Explains why she has tits.

Check out the CE "Making of" video, which is on youtube. Here, friend:

Butcher is actually cake to farm provided you have enough DPS to kill him before the enrage timer goes off. All of his attacks have huge windups and are easy to dodge, with the exception of the AoE multiple hook attack. If you can live through that, you're golden.

Butcher was no problem at all, killed it on the first try just like every other time. I've bene in too many wow raids to get killed by a boss fight where all you have to do is get out of bad stuff. I pop man mode twice in the fight to get the DPS I need and I don't have to get to the enrage timer.

The hard part was getting there with 5 NV stacks, since champs and elite packs > bosses. But I can manage now.

Edited by Sir_NutS

Killed Maghara in Act 2 Inferno. What a pain in the rear trying to get through all those bees. But progress is being made and I spent about 350k on the AH upgrading some gear.

New 2H Axe is beastly and it has this awesome blue lightning enchant.

1179.8 DPS

990-1370 Damage

1.0 Speed

+275-497 Lightning Damage

+46% Weapon Damage

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WVkRQS!bVe!accbcc

My current build for getting through Act 2. I'm surprised how good Overpower is... I never really used it up until now and it does amazing healing let alone damage as an AOE.

Butcher is actually cake to farm provided you have enough DPS to kill him before the enrage timer goes off. All of his attacks have huge windups and are easy to dodge, with the exception of the AoE multiple hook attack. If you can live through that, you're golden.

Its more of a soft enrage. Not because your dps is low, although it can definitely contribute. When the Butcher gets to about 25-30% he ignites 6-7 floor panels at a time. That's why you hold off for a little bit on damage until your 2min cooldowns are back then go for the kill.

Diracy;863469']Killed Maghara in Act 2 Inferno. What a pain in the rear trying to get through all those bees. But progress is being made and I spent about 350k on the AH upgrading some gear.

New 2H Axe is beastly and it has this awesome blue lightning enchant.

1179.8 DPS

990-1370 Damage

1.0 Speed

+275-497 Lightning Damage

+46% Weapon Damage

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WVkRQS!bVe!accbcc

My current build for getting through Act 2. I'm surprised how good Overpower is... I never really used it up until now and it does amazing healing let alone damage as an AOE.

Nice axe. I've yet to find a good 1h that I can afford to change one of my 500 dps ones. Overpower is good and does decent healing but you have to build a decent crit amount to make use of it' date=' also you might lose some mobility spells like leap.

Im running this build currently [url']http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WSXVkP!VbX!ccaccZ

Which allows me to leap on elites, unload everything and get out, regen a bit while kiting then get in and unload again. The maniac rune made a huge difference for me, it is really great for DW barbs.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRXYSV!eTY!YcZZab

This is how I roll for Inferno Act 2 solo. Devouring Arrow is great for nailing offscreen targets and hit-and-run kiting, also has a 120k damage crit potential due to the pierce mechanics. Elemental Arrow with Nether Tentacles destroys large groups of weaker enemies and bosses.

Smoke Screen is mandatory as a panic button to walk through hazards and dodge attacks, caltrops is what I spam when I'm kiting groups of enemies. Like half the stuff you encounter in act 2 is faster than you, so caltrops helps even the odds. Preparation is a requirement for Discipline regen, and the 60% heal is quite decent too.

Scatter Spike Trap is specifically to be used against those fucking invisible snake guys that appear out of nowhere and oneshot you. It also does like 300k damage if you manage to stack together multiples in a single small area and you get a few lucky crits.

I made a vid of me farming the first area of Inferno Act 2 with it, I got up to 4 Valor stacks.

E: Well, now I'm up to Inferno Belial and it's completely kicking my ass, so I haven't even made it up to his second form. His minions are very hard to kite in that small area and absolutely everything oneshots me. This is probably the point where I get rid of all my vit and resistances in favor of full-on damage and pray that I can somehow dodge or avoid literally every single thing in that fight.

Also, sir_nuts, since we were talking about how bad legendaries are yesterday, take a gander at like the best belt possible for a Barb:

C7LT1.png

Edited by Tensei

If anyone wants to add me, I'm BahamutWC#1137 on bnet.

Edit: So I did some changing around my skillset on research since it seemed like I wasn't doing much damage - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#UcRSlm!YXU!aYbYcc

Wizard becomes so much more playable with how much damage poison hydra does and the blizzard helps slow the enemies down for hydra to hit. I'll need to get used to the change in play style this involves but the game became a lot better for me.

Edited by Bahamut

Also, sir_nuts, since we were talking about how bad legendaries are yesterday, take a gander at like the best belt possible for a Barb:

C7LT1.png

Yeah, SOE is a very well-known Barb item because its good and also because its the only legendary worth paying for (it gives a really good boost to everything a barbarian needs at the moment, which is survival stats)

EDIT: Well, there's also Stormshield but fuck that. In my mind a barbarian wearing a shield is not a barbarian. I'm gonna finish this game on inferno as DW or not finish it at all.

Edited by Sir_NutS