Diablo III

Bren

Well, I've found two legendaries in the new patch: String of Ears and Lacuni Prowlers. The latter had a terrible roll but sold fast for 1.6m. The SoE has an amazing DR% roll (perfect 20%, I believe) but hasn't sold yet.. hoping I can get like 2-3m. I've also found various weapons that have sold for small amounts on the AH. That's really the best part of the patch - good weapons are easier to find. I've bought & found some great stuff, bringing my DPS to nearly the 50k mark!

My barb is in a comfortable spot right now. I can faceroll a2 and I can surely do a3 (but not with enough efficiency to farm yet). I'm pretty sure i can also beat diablo at this point, but I'd like to have a3 on farm before that.

After that i think I'll level up my monk and try a 2H build. I haven't seen many 2H monks so it'll be interesting to try.

Well, in the next patch they'r nerfing defensive abilities and Monster damage and I say its about damn time.

Things got a little better for build diversity when 1.04 hit and a lot more builds other than just tanky builds became possible (I am currently running a 2H monk on A3 farm, I don't think it was possible to do before) but defensive skills were still mandatory for the most part. I sure hope I can drop some defensive passives for the next patch and try new stuff!

There are also other surprises like being able to increase monster level for increased rewards. We'll see!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

So then, a friend showed me summat from MMO Champ this morning regarding an offical name for the D3 expac due out... whenever...

"Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls."

Now that left a few questions in my head, but also more questions popped up when the tag line from the picture below that. Left a fair few possibilities in my mind.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3341-Diablo-3-s-next-expansion-is-named-Reaper-of-Souls

The tagline reads "Death, at last, shall spread it's wings all over." Now that's pretty obvious when you think about it, seeming talking about Death, but the fact it's taken from the book of Tyreal intrigues me. And where does that leave Diablo? I personally do not believe that we've seen the last of the big guy(gal) but wouldn't Death supersede Diablo as the big bad?

I'm wonder if anyone gives a toss in a way anyway, as Diablo IIIs shelf life was perhaps a bit limited compared to the older ones and people may not even care about an xpac, but anyway would be nice to see peoples PoVs.

I think Diablo 3 at launch was a very good game, but the lategame was lacking compared to what we expected from D2X. Like playing through the game once or twice initially was very fun, but then by Inferno there were a lot of problems that needed to be addressed. The subsequent patches have helped tremendously - it's almost like an expansion pack's worth of content in and of itself (new bosses, new legendaries, rebalanced skills, monster power, paragon levels, brawling system). So the xpack should be really good.

Gameplay wise, particularly as the maps were very linear in design compared to the random seed generated ones in D2(X) did ware out D3 quicker than it should, but, that seems to be Blizzard's mantra now, look at how WoW is...

I do like things such as Paragon Levels and such, and the BMAH is a novel idea (I've made like £15 off it from one random item) but overly I'd like to see at least lore wise what the Xpac brings to the party.

And what happened to Diablo after (s)he fell off the top of Heaven.

I think Diablo 3 at launch was a very good game, but the lategame was lacking compared to what we expected from D2X. Like playing through the game once or twice initially was very fun, but then by Inferno there were a lot of problems that needed to be addressed. The subsequent patches have helped tremendously - it's almost like an expansion pack's worth of content in and of itself (new bosses, new legendaries, rebalanced skills, monster power, paragon levels, brawling system). So the xpack should be really good.

I really should get back into D3 to see how they've addressed the stupidly huge discrepancy between Act 1 and Act 2 of Inferno Mode.

I've spent many hours chain-farming Act 1 in hopes I would get actually decent gear but no matter what upgrades I got, I would always get decimated by the Act 2 mobs :puppyeyes:

Although, this was roughly a year ago so I have faith the devs have done something about that small issue.

I really should get back into D3 to see how they've addressed the stupidly huge discrepancy between Act 1 and Act 2 of Inferno Mode.

I've spent many hours chain-farming Act 1 in hopes I would get actually decent gear but no matter what upgrades I got, I would always get decimated by the Act 2 mobs :puppyeyes:

Although, this was roughly a year ago so I have faith the devs have done something about that small issue.

Oh yeah, the inferno difficulty curve was one of the first things they fixed last year. Inferno is now a pretty smooth curve. You can use Monster Power to make things much harder, of course. They also made it so good items drop far more frequently, even in Hell, and generally nerfed Inferno across the board.

Just checked the info and Cinematic. The cinematic was totally awesome, as expected from blizzard.

After reading all the info, I think I'll pass on this one. I don't think they are addressing any of the issues with D3 with this expansion, they are just adding more stuff on top of it. The only significant change I saw was how the legendaries can roll skill-changing affixes. The crusader looks more like a mix of a monk and a tank barb than a class of its own, and since we're only getting 1 new class, nothing to look forward for me there...

At this point I am WAY more excited about hearthstone than D3.