Diablo III

Bren

Both auction houses are being removed.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10974978/diablo%C2%AE-iii-auction-house-update-9-17-2013

Wowowowowowoow.

This + ladders + everything else... Diablo 3 EXP is going to be amazing.

The main thing the expansion offers is additional content. Which is the only thing I'm looking for, and the only thing that'll keep me even mildly interested for a month, maybe 2. Luckily there will be at least 2, so Blizzard can continue taking my money.

True dat. I've always had faith in Blizz that Diablo 3 would continue to get better and better over time, and indeed it has. They've already added practically an expansion's worth of content since release so I can't wait to play again when RoS hits. I probably put about 300-400 hours into the game already and while I don't see much point in playing *right now*, before all these awesome changes, I'm just very happy that the game is headed for greater heights.

I keep thinking I want to play D3 again but then I remember I don't have the phone anymore that had the security donger that lets me into the game.

Edit: Then I try to remove the authenticator from my account and they call me a terrorist and lock it for suspicious activity

Edited by Brandon Strader

Needless to say, after these recent news I'm almost positive I'll get the expansion. I'm not going to pre-order or get it right out of the gate though, because I want to see people's reaction to the new loot system, which looks good on paper, but after vanilla d3 I'll play it on the safe side from now on, so I'll probably get it a few months after release but these news changed everything for me, I was 100% sure I wasn't going to get this or any other d3 expansion but now I'm actually pretty excited for this one.

I keep thinking I want to play D3 again but then I remember I don't have the phone anymore that had the security donger that lets me into the game.

Edit: Then I try to remove the authenticator from my account and they call me a terrorist and lock it for suspicious activity

It takes like 2 seconds to remove a Blizzard Authenticator with the right information.

SWToR on the other hand...no thanks

Needless to say, after these recent news I'm almost positive I'll get the expansion. I'm not going to pre-order or get it right out of the gate though, because I want to see people's reaction to the new loot system, which looks good on paper, but after vanilla d3 I'll play it on the safe side from now on, so I'll probably get it a few months after release but these news changed everything for me, I was 100% sure I wasn't going to get this or any other d3 expansion but now I'm actually pretty excited for this one.

the new loot system is coming before the expansion, supposedly right after blizzcon finishes.

here's a post that pretty much says that: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9679139107#19

Edited by Mr. Bottle Rocket

the new loot system is coming before the expansion, supposedly right after blizzcon finishes.

here's a post that pretty much says that: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9679139107#19

I know that, I read it. As I said, it sounds good on paper, but I'll want to see what people think of it after it has plenty of time out. D3 and other pre-ordered games have made me very cautious about this stuff.

• 5 months later...

A fairly large patch dropped yesterday, with the new Loot 2.0 system. Now I'm not a hardcore player by any means, but I enjoyed D3 when I played it, so I decided to check the game out again last night.

I noticed a lot of improvements to the loot I was getting (a lot of drops had relevant stats for my class) and the crafting seemed improved too. The interface of the game feels a bit more polished as well.

They've also added clans and communities. Might be nice to start up an OverClocked ReMix community.

I haven't played since before the paragon level system was added. I've been trying to update today and it's updating everything, even the launcher... not sure it's for the better.. but anyway-

What all did they change? Is it better or worse now? It looks like they removed Inferno completely, which is disappoint. :3

I haven't played since before the paragon level system was added. I've been trying to update today and it's updating everything, even the launcher... not sure it's for the better.. but anyway-

What all did they change? Is it better or worse now? It looks like they removed Inferno completely, which is disappoint. :3

It's been awhile since I've played as well, but I don't remember them removing Inferno. They nerfed it down and added in the Monster Party system. By default MP was set to 0 and each level added more difficulty. At MP 5 you were at the original Inferno difficulty. By MP 10 you were at what could be considered a new difficulty level entirely. It would be a shame if they dumped that system as I rather liked it.

Nope, it IS different now. Monsters now level up with you all the time, so Act 1 and Act 4 are in theory the same difficulty at any given point. However, now you can select a difficulty before entering the game (and lower it in-game). This increases the overall challenge and rewards. Once you hit level 60, you unlock Torment, which has 6 levels of difficulty within that.

So basically it's a tweaked version of Monster Power that no longer requires you to play through the game THREE times to unlock every difficulty. It's just there from the beginning, which is cool.

I must say I like those changes Zircon. And thank you for the heads up. I have a ton of games I'm trying to catch up on.. But this gives me something to look forward to with the expansion coming out. Might be time I reinstall it and play around on my DH a bit. Hit 60 and quit only to come back and get to level 3 Paragon I think before I stopped again.