Diablo III

Bren

So, as I told Zircon yesterday, THIS is the D3 I wanted from the start. The changes did benefit the game for the better. I put up a fire-based mage build yesterday and brought it up to torment and I was having a decent challenge but no bs frustration. Also had some good drops while playing on other characters, even some legendaries!

I can safely say that Blizzard pulled a 180 here and won me over. I will be getting RoS. The best feeling in the world is not having the "gold efficiency" mentality behind everything you do now. You just play the game, have fun with your build and hope for some good drops, as it should've been from the start.

Edited by Sir_NutS

I'm having a lot of fun with the new patch system. Is there any word on making an OCR clan as well, or will we just stick with a community?

Also, there is a 50% 'community event' exp multiplier (100% + difficulty bonus x 1.5), and leveling is ridicouless fast right now. Playing on Master is entirely doable right from the start with a fresh level 1, and now I'm level 45 halfway through act II.

I'm having a lot of fun with the new patch system. Is there any word on making an OCR clan as well, or will we just stick with a community?

Also, there is a 50% 'community event' exp multiplier (100% + difficulty bonus x 1.5), and leveling is ridicouless fast right now. Playing on Master is entirely doable right from the start with a fresh level 1, and now I'm level 45 halfway through act II.

I started a new Barb and Master was ok until around level 20 where it got pretty hard because of the xp buff, I was gaining levels way too quickly and not getting good drops quick enough so mobs were outscaling me really quickly, plus 2 handed barbs are kinda gear dependent. I dropped the difficulty to expert, got some good drops, crafted some missing gear (btw crafting is not completely useless now!) and got some legendaries, even butcher's axe. I think I'm ready to go back to master. I'm level 38 or so and just hit act 2.

I'll wait when the dust settles on release day, then consider getting it. I am a VERY story driven person and D3 sort of let me down on that regard. Poor Deckard Cain q.q

EDIT

Not that the story for the other 2 games was ground breaking, but it was at least competent and there was a level of mystery and the atmosphere was way creepier too.

Edited by HoboKa

What builds are people using? My favorite character atm is the Wizard, and I'm currently rocking a CC heavy Cold build:

Magic Missile -- Glacial Spike (new to Patch 2.0 and amazing)

Ray of Frost -- Snow Blast (note that Ray's damage was upped in the patch)

Blizzard -- Frozen Solid

Frost Nova -- Shatter

Mirror Image -- Extension of Will

Magic Weapon -- Force Weapon

My Monk, at level 60, uses the following:

Crippling Wave -- Mangle

Dashing Strike -- Flying Side Kick (so, so good, and traverses vertical distance as well)

Lashing Tail Kick -- Scorpion Sting

Inner Sanctuary -- Intervene (which grants this skill a teleport so I can save allies and/or get out)

Seven-Sided Strike -- Fulminating Onslaught (big cooldown, but it outputs 12,516% weapon damage, more than any other Monk skill)

Mantra of Evasion -- Hard Target (I'm considering Backlash instead here)

What are others using?

Edited by BardicKnowledge

I am playing my wizard and monk too. I set my barb aside for a while until I think of a good dual wield build, since blizzard broke spin to win.

For the wiz I decided to go with a fire build, and it's currently my fastest farmer, I can do t1-t2 no problem

This is the build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bPiSjO!YeT!ZcbYac

Basically you buff up, spam fire pulse 5 times to charge arcane dynamo, pop the hydra, spam again 5 times, nuke them with a meteor that crits for 3.5M damage. keep spamming, rinse and repeat.

For the monk I am using something similar to what I used pre-2.0, but with the changes and some skill switching, it's much more effective now, but still a little bit slower than my wizard.

Since everyone uses dual wield or wep+shield monk, I decided I should go for a 2H burst damage build (rolling with a Skorn). It's a bit fragile but it's fun and works perfectly in T1, for t2-t3 is a bit slow still, but I also need better gear.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WTYgSQ!dWX!accZcb

spin to win is still viable in a manner of speaking, just not as ridiculously efficient.

It's too slow now. Yes you could do it, I tried it and I could kill stuff. But it was much much slower than what I can do on my monk or wiz, and I could barely killl anything in t1. I don't have the best geared barb out there, but her gear is on par with my other characters, and I'm not even using cookie cutter builds with them.

As I begin T3 with my wizard, I struggle to find a build that doesn't include Magic Weapon and/or Familiar. The passive skills that do nothing but add damage aren't fun, but I don't have enough Arcane Power regen to justify having more than two damaging spells -- currently Frozen Orb and either Blizzard or Hydra.

Thoughts on how to fix this, fellow wizards?