Diablo III

Bren

As I begin T3 with my wizard, I struggle to find a build that doesn't include Magic Weapon and/or Familiar. The passive skills that do nothing but add damage aren't fun, but I don't have enough Arcane Power regen to justify having more than two damaging spells -- currently Frozen Orb and either Blizzard or Hydra.

Thoughts on how to fix this, fellow wizards?

My current cold build (I switched from fire because the game gave me a bunch of +cold dmg/skills items) doesn't use familiar. Instead I got blizzard,frost hydra, meteor and MM as my dmg spells. for arcane regen i use the prodigy passive, which works pretty well because stuff stays permafrosted most of the time to allow me for some MM spam to regen ap very quickly. the other two remaining skills are ice armor and magic weapon.

Since Blizzard doesn't stack up with itself, I ony have to worry about casting it once when its off cooldown, same with hydra. Then I only use MM and meteor for spam.

Finally started back up last night with a freshly rolled Monk (now at level 19 after playing a few hours), and I'm having a hell of a fun time. All the little changes they've made since release have added up to a much better end product. Also, it helps that I find the monk just as fun as the demon hunter, and much faster at killing stuff. XD

I'm currently rolling through way down on Hard difficulty though. On suggestions from others, I bumped up to Master in an attempt to level faster, and that helped a good bit, until a unique Grotesque at the 3 hour mark in Act 1 (who showed up before I'd even gotten to level 10) murdered me 8 times in a row. I'm still leveling at a nice clip though, thanks to the EXP boost till RoS drops.

Man, the leveling up scene in EU is a ghost town, no one has any open games for new characters, dis sux. :(

In other news self found is now actually viable and it's such a good feeling getting an upgrade like every couple of minutes.

Yep that's the main thing that makes RoS SO much better than Vanilla. Gold is really an afterthought now, and you really can feel the good ol' "just ONE MORE run" in hopes of getting that orange drop that will upgrade your character.

Also I like how the gear affects your skills now, just like in D2, if you find a lot of good gear with bonuses to other skills you're not using, that motivates you to try something else and switch it up.

Got back into playing this after the patch dropped with my ladyfriend, and wow, the game as a lot of fun again. Loved the new loot system, the new tweaks to characters, and most especially the difficulty curve.

No longer stuck trudging through Normal to get to Nightmare where it started to get fun. Can turn on Expert/Master difficulty right from the get go, and have a blast playing it at any level. I couldn't be happier with this patch and it's sold me on getting RoS when before I was considering passing.

I mainly roll on a Monk designed to suppress enemies (Run Mantra of Conviction with the 80% slow, Crippling Wave with Atk Speed Slow, Seven Sided Strike with the stun, Lashing Tail Kick with the Stun, and the Healing Light spell) but I have a Witch Doctor and Wizard up and coming.

I think the best part about the new difficulty system is that it's actually a difficulty system that you set, rather than something you have to play through. It's so nice being able to set a difficulty and just play with a challenge; it feels more like it's about knowing how to play and how to use your skills, rather than having better gear.

I think the best part about the new difficulty system is that it's actually a difficulty system that you set, rather than something you have to play through. It's so nice being able to set a difficulty and just play with a challenge; it feels more like it's about knowing how to play and how to use your skills, rather than having better gear.

I still think the upper difficulties are gated by gear...at least while 60 remains the level cap. I think that T4 and higher, while potentially _possible_ are not ever going to be EXP / item farming efficient until the expansion drops. Things just take far too long to kill to make the extra drop rate worth your time.

Build stuff! I'm currently running T2 on my Monk (122k DPS / 1.1m toughness) using:

* Crippling Wave w/ the fire rune

* Dashing Strike w/ the 500% physical barrage

* Sweeping Wind w/ fire (bigger AOE)

* Cyclone Strike w/ fire burst

* Seven Sided Strike w/ Fulminating Onslaught

* Mantra of Healing w/ the thing that gives life on hit

* Combination Strike, Seize the Initiative, One with Everything passives

I tried T3 but I actually had a hard time killing treasure goblins - not sure why.

Anyway, the idea here is to dash into groups of monsters, Cyclone them into me, and then wreck them with my Crippling Wave + Sweeping Winds aoe. For single targets, I have the 500% damage from Dashing Strike and Seven Sided Strike.

Build stuff! I'm currently running T2 on my Monk (122k DPS / 1.1m toughness) using:

* Crippling Wave w/ the fire rune

* Dashing Strike w/ the 500% physical barrage

* Sweeping Wind w/ fire (bigger AOE)

* Cyclone Strike w/ fire burst

* Seven Sided Strike w/ Fulminating Onslaught

* Mantra of Healing w/ the thing that gives life on hit

* Combination Strike, Seize the Initiative, One with Everything passives

That's a boss setup. I may have to try that one sometime just for fun.

One With Everything is just *so* good. I love that passive.

Haven't had much lag, then again I haven't played a great deal in the last few days either. A few things I did find out though:

1. If you have a good 120-130k sheet DPS and at least 1.2m toughness, you can probably handle T5 runs of Crypt of the Ancients. This is INSANE for experience. Don't even worry about the elite, just kill all the trash and leave.

2. Crafted legendary weapons are insane now. I found the Hallowed Defender set last week (Shield + 1h weapons, including class weapons). Crafted 15 claws or so, all rolling with <1k DPS. Now, they routinely roll with 1300-1400 DPS (!!!) as well as good attributes like attack speed, class modifiers, 400-500 primary stat, big Life on Hit etc.

That's what kinda bums me out about D3. We're both level 60 but our power is so far apart we couldn't play together. If I joined your game it would be like you were power leveling me even though we're the same level, and I'd probably get killed in 1 hit. It's ridiculous. I ain't got no way to get that kind of loot.

That's what kinda bums me out about D3. We're both level 60 but our power is so far apart we couldn't play together. If I joined your game it would be like you were power leveling me even though we're the same level, and I'd probably get killed in 1 hit. It's ridiculous. I ain't got no way to get that kind of loot.

It's not ridiculous, it's quite easy to reach the amount of dps necessary to do t1 and t2. Easier than ever actually. Like, if it were even a little bit easier, the game go from awesome to shit.