Diablo III

Bren

New patch today! apparently legendary mats for crafting are gone.

I don't mind the change honestly, they could probably have made the legendary mats drop from any monster and that would've been enough imo, but eh, its ok I guess.

Also, apparently +% elemental dmg and +% skill dmg show up on the character sheet now, which is nice.

Edited by Sir_NutS

That's really useful for my Hot Dog Witch Doctor build.

Yeah, all my character builds are elemental-based. I find that the most fun and thematic for me. My WD is poison, my wizard is lightning, my barb is fire, and my crusader is holy. I'm used to do the math in my head (not that hard really) but this certainly makes it more convenient.

I'm still on the fence on the legendary mats change tho. I think they went a bit overboard by outright removing the requirement without trying a less drastic approach first. But I guess they are doing this with the upcoming ladders in mind, which will introduce new items (and new builds!).

• 2 months later...

Basically the 2.1 patch just came out and it added a buttload of new stuff, balance changes, new items, and new ways to play. One of two major features is the addition of "Greater Rifts". These are like infinite dungeons you do one level at a time. Each level is harder than the last, but the rewards are great. The other feature is the addition of "Seasons".

Seasons are like ladders from Diablo 2. When you create a Seasonal character, you start 100% from scratch. Nothing is carried over from your previous account. There are leaderboards and a general sense of fun & competition in racing to the top. There are also season-exclusive items and drops to be found. At the end of the season, your character + items roll back into your normal account and you get to reap the rewards of everything combined.

In other words, it's a fresh start! Fresh fun! Play!

Even though i only got the game a few months ago, i don't feel like starting a whole new character in seasons mode just for a few new items that i will have access to when the season ends. I don't really care about the leaderboards either. I really want to keep pushing my paragon levels further. I really like those new greater rifts and the new unique gems. Can't wait to catch one of those treasure goblin portal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Reviving this thread from the grave! Wanted to let everyone know that Season 1 ends on Tuesday, November 25th (EDIT: THIS IS NOT CORRECT), most likely in the wee hours of the early, as is usual per Blizzard. If you wanted to make a last-minute blitz on the acheezements for that sweet sweet leaderboard action, now is the time. Even though they don't mean anything, really. But there's always the clan leaderboard, which is much more accessible than the worldwide boards! (Still doesn't really mean anything)

EDIT: I uh, I can't reab, apparently. False alarm folks, there is no announced end date for Diablo 3 season 1. The post I read was in fact this one. Eagle-eyed viewers might note that it refers to Diablo 2, and not D3.

Edited by Super-Duper Sombrero

• 2 months later...