Diablo III

Bren

Damn, I haven't had time to play, I'm in finals and thinking about my future. The hardest GR I've done is around lvl 35~ so there's still a long way to go until I reach at least lvl 50.

The last thing I was doing was leveling a crusader for the first time, they're a little bit broken IMHO but my main always will be the monk, they're so... swift and powerful :<

What about you DarkeSword and Prophetik music?

• 4 weeks later...

Addie and I haven't played in quite some time now -- I love the changes though!

I feel like once you reach a certain threshold of gear / Greater Rift cleared (right now let's say 40 or so), the amount of effort and/or blind luck with ancient drops you have to put in to improve just isn't fun anymore.  I will be back on for the new season and can't wait for it!

Hellfire amulets aren't meant for leveling, their whole shtick is offering a 5th class passive (which won't be devalued so easily).

In any case diablofans have datamined the first ptr patch so that pretty much means we can play on there any moment now...or maybe only next wednesday, I don't know blizz release schedules tend to be very strict on specific days but this is a public test realm so who knows.

Here's the datamine, take it with a grain of salt.

• 2 weeks later...

lol

so after spending hours farming the different mats for the Herding Staff (actually, most of the "farming" was killing Chiltara a thousand times over waiting for the Gibbering Gem to drop), I inexplicably reset all my quests BEFORE farming Izual for the actual plan itself lololololol

... but then, upon starting the whole campaign over again to make a bee line for Izual in a fit of agony and self-loathing, immediately encountered and slaughtered a Rainbow Goblin and visited Whimsydale (Whimsyshire-ish) anyway haha

and yeah, killing a bunch of pink ponies and teddy bears turned out to be a total waste of the past two weeks of my life.

[ /vent ]

Hey D3-ers,

As I understand it this game is going on sale for Xbox One soon for a heavy discount, so I'm considering getting it. I've never played any Diablo games, but I generally enjoy RPGs, and I especially enjoyed Torchlight on the Xbox 360, and as I understand it there are a lot of similarities between Torchlight and Diablo.

So, I guess my question is, if I pick this up, am I likely to feel overwhelmed and clueless, or is this pretty approachable to someone who has never played a Diablo game and is somewhere between "novice" and "experienced" when it comes to dungeon crawlers?

Diablo III is really accessible. If you've played Torchlight you're fine.

Although, playing the XBox One version? I know people like the console versions (djpretzel loves the PS4 version), but I've gotta say if you're gonna play D3, join us and play on PC. That's where most of OCR's players are playing, and that's where the game is most up-to-date.

Here's the "Starter Edition" where you can try the game out on PC.

It's important to note that the PC and latest Gen consoles get updates at roughly the same time, however the consoles don't get seasons, which are one of the best replay value features the game has, not to mention the console versions are absolutely rife with hacked items in public games...yeah play on pc. :P

I would play on PC, but sadly I no iz master race. I have only a standard laptop that would probably self-destruct if I tried to run anything more taxing than Half-Life.

The system requirements for Diablo 3 are really not that high. I have run it on Intel integrated (HD4000) graphics before and its really not bad. You have to turn some effects off, but is certainly playable.