Diablo III

Bren

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The ELCA's New Testament reading for today:

"Finally, be strong in the LORD and in the strength of his power.  Put on the whole armor of God, so that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.  For our struggle is not against enemies of blood and flesh, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers of this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.  Therefore take up the whole armor of God, so that you may be able to withstand on that evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.  Stand therefore, and fasten the belt of truth around your waist, and put on the breastplate of righteousness.  As shoes for your feet put on whatever will make you ready to proclaim the gospel of peace.  With all of these, take the shield of faith, with which you will be able to quench all the flaming arrows of the evil one.  Take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Pray in the Spirit at all times in every prayer and supplication.  To that end keep alert and always persevere in supplication for all the saints.  Pray also for me, so that when I speak, a message may be given to me to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains.  Pray that I may declare it boldly, as I must speak."

Didn't catch much of the sermon today, but it's a Crusader for me starting Friday.  :)

I hope all of you join us!

I am playing both Crusader and Monk this season, and I have to say while the Crusader is more fun, the Monk is going to be the absolute best class when fully geared, likely without question.

6 piece SSS / EP set running both Gungdo Gear and Madstone (thanks to RoRG) will be able to continually SSS into infinity, triggering _all_ of the damage on Exploding Palm 14 times per use.  Holy crap.  Will report back when I actually have all of these items instead of merely theorycrafting.

On the Crusader side of things, the new Blessed Hammer uniques really complement the new set outstandingly well, and the only reason the class is lagging behind is because Blessed Hammer just isn't a great skill compared to others because it's dependent on the character's position at time of use.  If you could replace all of the BH buffs and give them to Fist of the Heavens instead with only, Crusader would be sitting at the top of the boards.  Similarly, Falling Sword is an awesome skill, but using it means that you aren't hammering, so it's almost always a DPS loss when you do it, even if it has no cooldown.

Yeah there are some seriously godly combinations now. I think that's not the ONLY good set though. I managed to finish my 6 piece dashing strike set first, currently running 4pc Innas 6pc DS using RROG in the cube and Cindercoat for my armor mod. With this combo I can effortlessly clear GR <40 and just cleared 41 solo with 20 seconds to spare. I need to get Focus/Restraint, better amulet, and an actual weapon mod (mine is garbage now) but after that I'll be in even better shape.