Castlevania Judgement for Wii

EdgeCrusher

Rad, there's a difference between this and Smash Bros. This is trying to be something it's not, which is a fighter. Smash Bros. worked well because of the mechanics of the game and the diversity of the characters - a CV fighter will be limited to only it's own series, and is trying to be like Soul Calibur, which it isn't nopr ever should be.

As a fan of the series, I consider this an abomination for several reasons:

- Why doesn't Castlevania need a fighting game? IGA states it's because he wants to make something new and fresh for the series, but could easily do that whilst sticking to a similar type of gameplay as has always been in the series. This seems like a cheap cop-out.

- The character designs are atrocious. They got the guy who did Death Note for shit's sake, and thus far he's succeeded in making characters like Simon and Dracula too fancy and off-the-wall and nothing like their original incarnations. "Creative Interpretation" my ass.

- It's trying too hard to bank off of Soul Calibur's fame.

Diablo III news? Awesome.

Mega Man 9 news? Awesome x2.

Castlevania fighter news? Well it's a fighte-WHAT IT'S CASTLEVANIA!? Bad IGA. Bad!

What's worse, it's on the Wii. The English language doesn't have a word powerful enough to convey the mind-obliterating level of failure that this is. I mean seriously, I don't even understand how this is going to be even remotely functional as an idea. For all the hatred and anguish I have for Smash Brothers, at least it works. I really don't see IGA coming away from this one unscathed...

To be fair, we'll see how this plays out, but at first glance, this just looks terrible in a funny "uh-oh" kinda way.

I was rather disappointed when I saw this in Nintendo Power. I'd much rather have something more in line with what I've been playing on Xbox Arcade and DS.

Unless this is a better than average title, I probably won't be giving it the time of day. Sorry Konami!

Honestly, I heard and read about all this, and my soul broke.

IGA has been quoted for saying he thinks it will be "fun for Castlevania fans". I don't know if he's been shooting up or what, but it's obvious he's finally gone completely off the deep end. He's been driving the series into the ground since Aria of Sorrow, and this is the final nail in the coffin.

Castlevania's my #1 game series of all time.....but this is the first time I've actually be outright against a CV game coming out.

What in the f***. They could have made it just about anything but a fighter and I would have bought it just because it had Castlevania slapped on it. This is absolutely retarded. Why didn't they go the whole way and make it Castlevania Golf of something. Or the castlevania baking tutorial. Castlevania + Platformer = Win. F*** this shit.

Honestly, I heard and read about all this, and my soul broke.

IGA has been quoted for saying he thinks it will be "fun for Castlevania fans". I don't know if he's been shooting up or what, but it's obvious he's finally gone completely off the deep end. He's been driving the series into the ground since Aria of Sorrow, and this is the final nail in the coffin.

Castlevania's my #1 game series of all time.....but this is the first time I've actually be outright against a CV game coming out.

I thought Dawn of Sorrow was pretty good. I think many people would agree on that.

I thought Dawn of Sorrow was pretty good. I think many people would agree on that.

I did like Dawn, but you know what I'm saying. Alot of fans would argue the Castlevania series died after the last members of the original development team left. (before SotN)

I did like Dawn, but you know what I'm saying. Alot of fans would argue the Castlevania series died after the last members of the original development team left. (before SotN)

I'll tell you this, Castlevania has been samey for the last 10 years. Every new game is pure quality, but i'd rather see them do something else with the whole formula, or the series...

But not a fucking fighting game...

Could just be a diversion...

Something to have players get used to seeing them in fighting form, only to reveal some awesome new adventure on the Wii, and the fighting game is only just a demo...

Ah well...

If I'm gonna have one (possibly) bad title for the Wii, it may as well be this...

I love the series. In fact its one of my favorites of all time. I would buy anything with the castlevania name (and I did, its called the two n64 games and the ps2 ones). But seriously, there is no way this can be good. The design and graphics shown are horrible. And with the history of konami, its doomed to fail hard.

I'm very surprised at the amount of supposed Castlevania fans who are actually excited about this game. (though I note, most of them are younger, newer fans of the series and only got into it around SotN)

I mean, a certain amount of optimism is super and all, but this is just ridiculous nonsense. Granted, it could end up being a decent game, but based on what I've seen thus far, I will not change my mind about this being a sin against the series until I am proven otherwise....and even then it'll be a nigh-impossibility to prove otherwise to me.

Hence my new little badge.

If I'm gonna have one (possibly) bad title for the Wii, it may as well be this...

Are you saying there have not been any bad titles for the wii?

Because my wii had about 3 inches of dust on it before I started using it again for SSB. At least for purchased titles anyway...