Castlevania Judgement for Wii

EdgeCrusher

...and I still find it overly amusing that the CV fanboys are like "Ooo...the designs suck. The game's looking like crap. I'm still pre-ordering the shit out of it though!!"

There is no shame for the fanbase anymore...except for a few pockets of oldschoolers who thought the series should have stopped after Rondo.

I liked Symphony for all its splendor and detail, and the gorgeous music....though I thought it was much too easy. I liked Aria and Dawn for the same reason on a smaller scale and with a bit more difficulty. Those are the only that qualify however. Truly the series diverted after Rondo, and I wonder if that's why we hold the game in such regard.

I kinda hope Iga was serious about the possibility of returning to an 8-bit game like Mega Man 9 did....but fear that unless he brought the original team back to work on it, he'd fuck it up something fierce.

• 2 months later...
I liked Symphony for all its splendor and detail, and the gorgeous music....though I thought it was much too easy. I liked Aria and Dawn for the same reason on a smaller scale and with a bit more difficulty. Those are the only that qualify however. Truly the series diverted after Rondo, and I wonder if that's why we hold the game in such regard.

Rondo gave us the best of both worlds: classic 2-d gameplay, WITH branching paths to explore. Symphony is the logical extension for a direct sequel, but I would have rather seen a return to form by revisiting Rondo's style, not sticking with the SOTN design for so long.

As far as the six sequels since then, Aria IMO is by far the best of them. I think that Order of Ecclesia is a step in the right direction though: I really enjoyed the idea of multiple areas, and outdoor locations.

What would people think about a return to Castlevania II's geography, utilizing a world map system like OoC? It would at least give the series some continuity: revisiting the CV2 town in Rondo was sweet for the same reason -- why not include the whole CV2 world map?

I thought this game was going to suck, but after thinking about it I've decided to reserve judgment. After all, if you'd told me 10 years ago that Nintendo was going to make a mascot fighter, I would have said that it was the stupidest idea ever.

My thoughts exactly. People tend to compare new fighters with traditional ones, and then the differences are treated as flaws. If they had done this with ssb, it never would have gotten off the ground. I mean of course, if there wasn't an entire nintendo fanbase having nerdgasms at the very mention of the prospect of a nintendo mascot fighter.

I checked it out on a rent. I'm a huge fan of this series but this game looked iffy. I had to check it out though. It's ....ok, could have been better but the music is awesome. But Castlevania music is always awesome. I was waiting for Mad Forest to finally appear again somewhere.

I thought Ecclesia was awesome, best Castlevania in a while. I was bummed they didn't use Shanoa's beautiful character design in favor of that funky looking nun outfit. And although Eric kicks a lot of ass, I don't really understand why they made him all shota. I remember him being a fully grown man in Bloodlines (another of my personal favorites)

I did like that they included Cornell (one of the only cool looking characters imo, but it's hard to mess up a Were-wolf) and that remix from 64. An awesome song from a not so awesome game.

The one design I love though is Trevor/Ralph. I think it's actually better slightly than his look in Curse of Darkness, which was sort of cool too. I liked that Simon was kind of a bloodthirsty, slightly chauvanistic bastard though. Gave him a little more flavor than most of the Belmonts, and sort of harkened back to the Simon in Captain N...except not stupid.

Aside from the super simplistic, somewhat unbalanced gameplay, generic look, and awful character designs though it's sort of fun. I didn't get to use its online function so I'm sort of tempted to buy it but....games are expensive and there's other stuff.

my biggest gripe is that they put in maria and alucard but left out richter.

and while i don't particularly like the character design, i don't think its overly atrocious either. oh yeah, and i've also heard that its not good at the "being a good game" department also. but still, no richter makes me sad.

i heard that there's something unlockable between ecclesia and judgment and vice versa. anybody bother to check that out?