OCR00968 - Sonic the Hedgehog 2 "Welcome to the Metropolis"

djpretzel

Pretty fresh and original. The second half was my favorite as I thought the first half was kinda lacking some flow and in my opinion, the volume cut effects were somewhat exorbitant. But the rest of the stuff in here is great. You messed with pretty much every element of the original a little bit and made it something very interesting to listen to. Keep up the good stuff!

I actually liked all the sound manipulation in this piece...as I rule I've never really cared for the kung fu "ah!" or whatever you want to call it...and that sometimes rubs me the wrong way in this piece...but what do I know? I'm just a consumer not a remixer...

Other than that, I'd have to say that I really like it, it has some really good energy! Good stuff!

:? Sounds a little too cluttered for my liking. Something about the bass bothers me, too. I guess I've got a sensitive ear, though. Timing seems illogical in places. There's some clashes with notes at the end, something I've noticed Sir Nuts does fairly frequently in many songs I've heard from him. The percussion and breaks keep it interesting, but overall, there's a tad too many issues within the song that bring it down. Alright overall, but it could have done with some patching up before the final submission.

It's 7:45 AM Eastern time and there're already 4 posts? Wow we have some serious insomniacs here. Anyways, I like how energetic this remix is. Sometimes though, the percussion which should be the base of the song goes off and gives the song a strangely disconnected feel. That only happens a few ties though, and overall this is pretty good.

First of all CONGRATS S|R NUTS! High energy remix going on in here. Samples not too bad, easy to notice its Fruity loops for some reason. Cauple of wrong(ish) notes. And yea, like the other guy said, repetitive without being repetitve....it made sens. Well, nothing else I can say but..its a very fun remix and it deserves to be on OC.

-Gman.

Ehh.... Aesthetically, I don't like those little "uh!"s that are infused in the song. I really like the take on the melody, but I think skull got it right when he said "too cluttered".

In the creative effort, the feel of the piece is lost.

Not a keeper, by any means. Sorry.

This mix was a very interesting twist to the original. Very nicely done. It sounds a lot more lively than the other Metropolis theme, more like the sound of a busy, active city. At times, though, I think it dulls some of the original aspects that used to stick out in my head while I played the game; it very nearly makes me feel as though I am listening to a different song. But still, nice job. :mrgreen:

I wouldn't say this exactly sucks, it is probably the worst song I've heard in the main OCRemix library in quite a while. The sounds are indeed *really* annoying. At least I did learn from this that you can use bad instruments or a repetitive melody and still make a good mix... as long as you don't put the two together.

I really enjoy this mix. The synth's and drums are really satisfying and just have a lot of energy. The beat is very well done and I think that Sir Nuts did a good job with creating a fun song.

Definitely one of my favorites from the site. I have to admit I'm surprised that some people are saying they think it isn't even good enough to be posted :?

• 2 months later...

Excellent remix! One of my favorites to date. Catchy tune, nice effects, sufficient variety with what is given to work with.

Be sure to listen with headphones! As it makes the dropouts and fades much more pronounced and trippy.

If this wasn't obviously a game remix it would be pretty good to play at a rave or some such party.

Ehh.... Aesthetically, I don't like those little "uh!"s that are infused in the song. .

I second that, but the rest is awesome. I guess Im in the "love it" side of the arguement for this song.

Seriously I cant think of anything wrong about this piece except the "uh" parts...

owww....

Now its good to begin with...then the main melody synths come in. They irritate me immensley.

The whole thing sounds off beat when the (quite frankly, overused and irritating) "uh" sounds come in...I know it isnt, but they give that imperssion.

The thing pans left to right frantically...occasionally pulled off well but for the most of the time it just makes it worse.

The whole thing sounds hugely cluttered and repetetive...

¿Honestly pretz, what is this even doing here?

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00968 - Sonic the Hedgehog 2 "Welcome to the Metropolis"