Juno Classic-Megaman Juno Remix

Narroo

Hello! I'm Narroo and this is my first remix!

I remixed Megaman Juno's Theme from Megaman legends.

(Its also Bach's Little Fugue, but still it IS used in Megaman Legends, which it is well known for being awesome in it.)

The remix isn't too different from the original in terms of melody, I had a hard time find where I could change things, plus my REAPER remixer was having issues with splitting MIDI tracks and refused to play certain tracks after splitting points.

But anyways, what do you guys think?

Click here to listen!

The music must have been composed specifically for the game. Movie themes such as Star Wars or licensed songs from games like Gran Turismo do not qualify. -Submission Standards and Instructions

So, unfortunately, I don't think you could successfully submit this to OCR.

As far as the remix goes, it kinda sounds like you just took the MIDI and added your own instruments. Only difference is that you sped it up...and then switched up how it's played a little later on.

There's not much else to say, honestly. There's no original material AND it's way too soft. I had to turn my speakers all the way just to even hear it barely.

So with everything I've said, it breaks down to this. Turn up the volume, work more on originality and pick a song that's made specifically for that game. Bach is amazing, but he didn't make that track for MML.

Hey, start from scratch, make it damn good too, record piano samples or have someone else do it, and be sure to make it intense. I want it to capture the mood of "Oh fuck who is this guy is he the final boss, badass, dam i thot he was a girl, onoez hes gonna fuck me upses!!!" properly. Also find a skilled celloist, lock him/her up in a room, and give him the sheet music and a microphone.

Oh and I'll play attorney for a while and defend your right to add fugue. In DJPretzel's Pachelbel's Canon, he used Pachelbels Canon, aka Canon in D, alongside Zelda's Lullaby. Canon in D was not used in the actual game, unlike fugue, and it also turned out to be a very good remix. If you add fugue, and not too much of it, and make the mix DAMN GOOD, it could happen, otherwise the judges will rape you. Johann Bach may not have wanted Fugue in MML, but MML wanted it in MML.

Im not a senior member or anything, and Im speaking from common sense and not experience, but I think that my last paragraph is valid. If not tell me and Ill eat my foot.

Well actually, the fact that DJPretzel used Canon D along side Zelda's Lullaby is fine. Why? Cause it has Zelda's Lullaby in it, of course.

On the other hand, Fugue was just..Fugue in MML. Makoto Tomozawa didn't change anything about the song. And since Fugue wasn't made for MML, it's not counted as a valid video game track, despite the fact it was used in the game.

But hey, I'm just arguing technicalities. For all I know, DJPretzel and/or the Judges could very well accept it.

im disappointed. when the site says remix, you're supposed to remix it. and not so much reMIX, as create something of your own that is remenescent of a game theme. i understand that you are new to remixing and this is something you can do to get familiar with your software, but dont submit anything until you really know what your doing. its only going to upset you and discourage you from trying again if you get rejected and believe me its not even a matter of bad remixing here, its a matter of not reading the requirements. lurk in the forums, talk to our existing remixers to get help and then do it. i'm looking forward to seeing what you can do.