Doulifée

Number of vote: 6

[1st]Hard Drive By just64helpin 20

[2nd]Overdrive by seitokaibarocket 13

[3rd]Driven on the Other Dimension By Bundeslang. 12

[4th]Overdriven On by Chavous 9

[5th]Driven Insane by ProjectSpam 7

Trivia:

Bundeslang got 3 votes with only 1rst place..but that wasn't enough.

Chavous got 3 votes too.... only for second place.

Project spam was granted with a majority of 3rd place.

Comments:

Just64helpin - I like the lead. The part around 1:30 is a bit boring, nothing happends for a while, but I like it.

Chavous - The introduction is great, the part after it is long and not variating at all. The part after 1:14 is good, but it's too long. I don't like the end

ProjectSpam - Nice intro. I like the incoming drums. The main lead isn't variating during the whole song. I like the part around 1:11. The end is like 9 seconds nothing.

Setokaibarocket - I like the first part, the trancey sounds and the voice are a good combination. Some sections, around 1:15 and especially 2:30, are too long, but I like the way you're variating it after 1:38. The end is good.

Hard Drive - just64helpin;

Really like the originality in the sounds you used, they're very creative and mix together well. I'm

not a huge fan of the way that some of your melodies go sometimes, but that's okay. Not too much else

to say other than that the mixing was done well and that the sounds where well placed. Good job.

Driven Insane - ProjectSpam;

Overall a fairly odd mix overall, the sounds are all muffled and mixed together in interesting ways. It

has a few sketchy transition and fairly random parts, keep working on it, but good try! Very nice

melody in a lot of the parts, you're good at writing complimenting melodies, but they could be arranged

a little more organized.

Overdrive - Setokaibarocket;

Nice subtle beginning, nice percussion setting the mood, the it breaks into the main beat with lots of

flair and the main melody pounding. Very well done beat and melody adaptations, I love the subtle

slides in the synth. It all breaks down then restarts, I love that small line with the simple synth on

the restart. Once again a good beat when it kicks in (I need to learn to write those yet) a tad bit

repetetive around here, could use either more variations or more movement. Ending is alright, but I

feel there could have been something that would have fit better. Great Job, hopefully you'll get to do

the next original, I'm looking forward to it.

Overdriven On - JayLuv

Slightly busy intro, not my favourite part. Once it settles down the bass sets the mood really nicely

with some very nice mellow guitar parts complimenting the main wah-wah melody. I'm very impressed that

you recorded this all yourself, congrats on that feat. Very well arranged and played, mastering could

use a little bit more work (there is a little clipping in some parts). I enjoy the solo guitar lines

you threw in. Guitar gets a little odd and crazy near the end, but the song ends nicely. Great job,

especially with doing these parts live. This song reminds me VERY MUCH of Metroid Metal.

The Other Dimension - Bundeslang

Fairly basic, but solid beginning, starts a little slow, but that's alright. I think the song is a

little long (7:17) but a lot of parts could be slightly shaved off to lower that time a little, I'd have

preferred a quicker moving shorter song. Some of the bass notes and melody are questionable around

2:00. I like it when it drops into the main melody around 2:30 once again some questionable melodies

after that. Somewhat odd transition around 3:00. You really built on that chording section and came up

with a few new ways to do it, that was good. Transition a little patchy at 5:00. Beat is slowly

starting to bother me at this point (it's been the same main beat the whole song, try to change it up

every once in a while). Questionable melody again around 6:30. It gets real nice at 7:00 until the bass

finishes the song with an unmatching melody. Good effort, It takes a lot of work to get something this

long. Try to focus your efforts on a shorter piece next time.

Great Job everyone, whoever won should get their polished up and sent in. I'll see you all next month!

Congrat for our winner. And don't forget to send me your song for the next orc before the beginning of August. :nicework: