Worst game music

lazygecko

Mega Man 2 for worst game music? You must've been on crack when you nominated that game. Its music is some of the catchiest shit ever.

He was referring to the game boy versions, if that makes any difference. The NES version is pretty much sex and anyone who says otherwise is gettin' punched over the internet.

In my case, I'll go with Mario Kart: Double Dash. The whistling was extremely annoying and the composition was downright pathetic compared to the previous games in the series. Only one track stood out, however; Rainbow Road.

Aww, I liked that whistle. Double Dash didn't have anything particularly mindblowing in it, but I definitely wouldn't call it the worst ever.

it sucks because it's new?

what the hell is that?

Probably meant that Megaman 2 OST for the Gameboy was not only new but of very poor quality that it would have saved its sound track had it recycled MM2 OST from the NES. Needless to say, I'd rather have new & actually good music over new shitty music...

Just saying...

:)!!

I'm here to defend Ballz. While the title track is downright odd, if you grab the soundtrack here, you'll see the rest of the music, while not OMFGAWESUM!, isn't horrid. However, I challenge you to go here, and indulge yourself in the soundtrack to Zero Tolerance.

Mmm, yummy ballz! No, seriously, I'll check it out.

Mega Man 2 for worst game music? You must've been on crack when you nominated that game. Its music is some of the catchiest shit ever.

In my case, I'll go with Mario Kart: Double Dash. The whistling was extremely annoying and the composition was downright pathetic compared to the previous games in the series. Only one track stood out, however; Rainbow Road.

Yes, Mega Man 2 NES=Audiogasm, Mega Man 2 GB=Ear Canal Hemmorage.

Also, I nominate Trojan for the NES. And Forgotten Realms for Genesis. The shop theme alone made me stop playing the game after stage 2, kid you not.

And Forgotten Realms for Genesis. The shop theme alone made me stop playing the game after stage 2, kid you not.

Forgotten Realms? Do you mean Forgotten Worlds?

If you do, just for the sake of commenting, I didn't have issues with the music. It's not a soundtrack I listen to via ChipAmp regularly or anything, but it never struck me as bad.

At the risk of getting drawn and quartered with spoons I always found both FEAR and Half-life to have absolutely intolerable music. FEAR because however good anything else in it was it always seemed to have that horrible grinding loop going even when you turned the music off, and half-life 1 because the music always seemed so intrusive and innapropriate for whatever was happening in the game whenever I turned it on. Actually most first person shooter's seem to have that problem come to think of it...

If you do, just for the sake of commenting, I didn't have issues with the music. It's not a soundtrack I listen to via ChipAmp regularly or anything, but it never struck me as bad.

Yeah, sorry, Forgotten Worlds. In all fairness, it has been well over a decade since I played it. Ah, senility!

Yeah, sorry, Forgotten Worlds. In all fairness, it has been well over a decade since I played it. Ah, senility!

It's fun, isn't it? You save thousands on games, because the ones you already have are new to you within just a few hours ;-)

You should watch it entirely. The whole game seems to suck in major ways.

I don't think it sucks. I think it's pretty cool. It's definitely not up to bar with the NES Mega Man 2, but it's enjoyable. Okay, I will admit that the last level was lacking, but that's mostly because there were supposed to be more levels than that.

• 1 year later...