Cool gamer people in Roanoke, VA?

Hello anyone in the Roanoke area. I just recently moved up from North Carolina (just graduated from NC State), and accordingly my local gamer friend count has reset to zero (along with any other local friend counts). I noticed that not only was Magfest held in Roanoke once upon a time, but so was some Fusion Gaming Convention where people participated in actual Guilty Gear XX tournaments, something I can't wait to see when I go to my first Magfest in January. Sadly, these two things no longer occur in the area. I'm assuming that since they used to, there must be cool gamer people, particularly cool OCR gamer people hiding in this Valley somewhere. As far as competitive gaming goes, I'm a huge Guilty Gear XX fan, and I have been known to play other 2-D Japanese fighters from time to time, particularly King of Fighters. So uh, let me know if you exist. I also like anime and books.

LULZ!

Way to move here right before I head off to college. You've found my secret damn hide out. But seriously. My friends holding a brawl tourney tonight. I'll PM you my cell if you want to meet up.

And fusion gaming convention died two years ago (founders went to college and forgot about us)

Wow! other people actually live here?!

Thought all the cool people left with Magfest or just lived elseware. I don't post on here much, but I'm always around here in the shadows. Feel free to PM me.

Well, anyways welcome to the void that is The Roanoke Valley...

I live nearby, in the Appomattox/Lynchburg area. Probably not close enough for casual meetups, but I could easily make it to something more planned.

In the meantime, I mostly play PC games.... currently with other OCR people on the TF2 server:

http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15264

Feel free to send me a PM, but don't be offended if I don't get back to you soon... I actually don't log into the site very often...

I used to hang out with some people from lynchburg. I met them at fusion and we played smash and stuff.

Well, there's four of us. Maybe we should do a meetup or something. I'm going to be around until the 10th of this month and then I won't be back until august. When do are you guys free?

Thinking of places to go (there aren't too many, but) maybe we could go to Tanglewood or Valleyview or something. I don't think we have any arcade fighting games anywhere but there are some pump it up machines and ddr machines around if anyone plays that stuff (ie. me). Or we could go watch a movie or something.

Discuss.

...I'm going to be around until the 10th of this month and then I won't be back until august...

Well, I'm getting ready to head out of town and not getting back until after the 10th....

I'm normally available with very little planned. I do work, so it would need to be an evening or weekend.

So, the two weekends I will probably be free are the 8-10 and the 15-17 of august. How does that sound to you all?

I'll keep a lookout for anything interesting going on during those weekends like festivals or outdoor concerts or something. Then again, we could always just meet up at the mall, too.

Hello anyone in the Roanoke area. I just recently moved up from North Carolina (just graduated from NC State), and accordingly my local gamer friend count has reset to zero (along with any other local friend counts). I noticed that not only was Magfest held in Roanoke once upon a time, but so was some Fusion Gaming Convention where people participated in actual Guilty Gear XX tournaments, something I can't wait to see when I go to my first Magfest in January. Sadly, these two things no longer occur in the area. I'm assuming that since they used to, there must be cool gamer people, particularly cool OCR gamer people hiding in this Valley somewhere. As far as competitive gaming goes, I'm a huge Guilty Gear XX fan, and I have been known to play other 2-D Japanese fighters from time to time, particularly King of Fighters. So uh, let me know if you exist. I also like anime and books.

You fucker! You should have posted BEFORE you moved! I live in North Raleigh, about 10 minutes away from NC State.

Anyway, there's a ton of OCR peeps in VA, so you should have no trouble finding some cool people to hang out with.

You fucker! You should have posted BEFORE you moved! I live in North Raleigh, about 10 minutes away from NC State.

Anyway, there's a ton of OCR peeps in VA, so you should have no trouble finding some cool people to hang out with.

Unfortunately, it's a big state, and a lot of us (myself and Vinnie, at least) are in NoVa, which is a pretty long drive from Roanoke :(

Unfortunately, it's a big state, and a lot of us (myself and Vinnie, at least) are in NoVa, which is a pretty long drive from Roanoke :(

4 hours isn't a long drive, pfft.

But the rift between Nova and Sova is wide indeed.

edit: the cultural one, if ya'll didn't get that.

• 4 weeks later...

Excuse the thread necromancy, but I'm back from Rochster, y'all! If anyone is serious about this meet up, I suggest we do it sometime in the next two weeks. I think earlier I suggested the 19th, and as of now that still sounds like the best time for me.

Venue options:

Valley View Mall

Tanglewood Mall

Carmike Cinemas/ Valleyview Grande (I still haven't seen Dark Knight, so yeah)

A park?

I don't know what you all want to do, so please post or PM me, so we can plan this out.

Oops. Well, I'll get down to Raleigh to visit my college friends within the next couple of months. If you know anymore OCR'ers in the area, maybe we can do a meetup. Perhaps around Labor Day Weekend? I'll PM you once I confirm that.

Excuse the thread necromancy, but I'm back from Rochster, y'all! If anyone is serious about this meet up, I suggest we do it sometime in the next two weeks. I think earlier I suggested the 19th, and as of now that still sounds like the best time for me.

Venue options:

Valley View Mall

Tanglewood Mall

Carmike Cinemas/ Valleyview Grande (I still haven't seen Dark Knight, so yeah)

A park?

I don't know what you all want to do, so please post or PM me, so we can plan this out.

Cool. If a group of people who want to see the Dark Knight, I could stand to see it a 3rd time. Are there any decent laser tag places around? That's always good fun.

Lol, I believe this thread has you fooled. There are potentially (potentially!) four of us OCRers here in the Roanoke area. And that's only after avatar moved here.

However, yes, there are lots of cool gamer people in the state of Virginia (OCRers and otherwise.)