Chrono Trigger DS

The "countdown" doesn't seem to be counting down to anything. It just displays the time from your system clock.

That said, any rerelease of Chrono Trigger that is not a remake will not be worth it to me. All the FF Advance games that were released with, like, one bonus dungeon turned out to be dissatisfactory in the end because I just thought, "Now why did I buy and play this again to beat a couple extra bosses for one more set of uber-items that is ultimately unnecessary for anything?" FF4 remake on the DS looks great, and I'm kind of hoping this will be along that line.

Let it go.

I would have said that before today, but they wouldn't re-release CT without any possibility of going on. This piece of news definitely makes Chrono Break ten times more likely than before.

"Now why did I buy and play this again to beat a couple extra bosses for one more set of uber-items that is ultimately unnecessary for anything?"

Because the games are still awesome, and hopefully you enjoy the experience even if you've played it through before. I've beaten CT three or four times now and I certainly don't mind a fifth, whether they add one new boss or three new sidequests.

I'm reading comments on various sites claiming it will be Japan-only.

To that, I must say the following:

Ahem.

Dear Square-Enix of Japan,

Should you, for some unfathomable reason, decide to not release the recently unveiled Chrono Trigger for the Nintendo DS to the other regions of the world (notably North America, Europe, Australia and so forth), you may consider your lives forfeit.

I will personally arrive at your main office, and once security has been dealt with, I shall render your staff into a paste, not unlike that of antipasto, across the floors, walls and even the ceilings of your building. To make it interesting for myself, I will even fax over my plans and a photo of myself to you the day before, in hopes that you put up some sort of futile defense.

After all, if you're not going to release Chrono Trigger for the DS to my part of the world, I will need something to entertain me instead.

You have until the end of the week to decide. Choose wisely.

Also, stop with the shitty shemale character artwork stuff on your new games. Not everyone likes that uncomfortable feeling they get when they realized they just thought a effeminate man was a pretty woman. Stop that, it's annoying as hell.

Thank for your time.

Because the games are still awesome, and hopefully you enjoy the experience even if you've played it through before. I've beaten CT three or four times now and I certainly don't mind a fifth, whether they add one new boss or three new sidequests.

You're ignoring part of the question. Why should I pay $30 to own and play something I already have on another system if it's essentially the same experience? :?

You're ignoring part of the question. Why should I pay $30 to own and play something I already have on another system if it's essentially the same experience? :?
Agreed.

Too bad about the winter 2008 date. That means that we can see it in North America sometime around Winter 2015 for all we know. SE likes to quickly regionalize, right?

because its eff'n awesome?

ha! anyway, this is th best news ever! i have the snes original cartridge and a rom for my laptop. i plan on buying this and telling all my friends to buy it and holy shit i'm so excited squaresoft is so smart for doing this on the DS and an enhanced port too? Awesome. great music great game great idea

and now i have something to slow down my summer cause i'll have to wait for this. cool its been going too fast lately.

I'll probably put this on my R4, but Chrono Trigger is one of those games that plays better in my memories than in reality. The 13 year old me playing this on my SNES got a lot more out of the story then I would now. Unless they put some new spins on the battle system or add some significant new content, I can't see playing through this again. For some reason turn based JRPGs just don't hold up to the test of time as much as their action RPG or SRPG counterparts.

This is exciting news. For so long now, though not as long as asserting the PS1-era FFs for PSP, I've allied to CT being perfect for NDS. I mean, if they tweek the battle system for touchscreen use... I haven't gone through much of the game (seen it played a bit on a PS2, and have played through some of the retranslation patch from Chrono Compendium), but the battle setup seems born for the touchscreen.

Jeebus, this'll be cool. Oh course, there'll be an obligatory relocalization, which I wouldn't mind in the least, since I have no nostalgia and/or nostalgiasities (dammit, why'd I get used to "Terra" as her name?) nor do I entirely like the directness of the patch, so one of Square Enix's current teams working on bringing the story over anew would be nice.

Ah, here's to the forlorn wish that the big mecha-cat's (Gato/Garcia(?)) song be given voice!

cant wait to find out this is japan only

oooooh man that would be lovely

the reactions would be priceless

And would keep this from being Japan-only for long. Still, all of SE's front-runners seem to be getting exposure everywhere (no/little FRONT MISSION loves? eh, haven't played that/those, either), with some of their less reputatious(?) titles staying in the Land-o-teh-Batshits.

I've read all of the posts and I agree whole-heartedly with Arek the Absolute on the following accounts.

extra content or its just not worth it

sidenote: xenogears on the horizon anyone?

one can dream

cant wait to find out this is japan only

oooooh man that would be lovely

the reactions would be priceless

Especially the one about Xenogears. All I ever tell myself that I ever need is a remake of Xenogears. . . directed by myself.

But Chrono Trigger would be great if they REALLY messed around with it. A 3D world with a completely controllable camera gets me singing every time.

Yea confirmed for winter 2008 release.

It's going to be an enchance port of the game. Doesn't look to be a 3D remake. Leaked Jump scans apperantly showed the game (also confirmed along with it are Suikoden VI PSP, Tales of Heart DS, Tales of the World: RM 2 PSP).

I am strangely more excited about Suikoden VI than a CT DS remake.