Chrono Trigger DS

Wow, Chrono Trigger DS! I would definitely buy this if I had a DS. CT was one of the best RPG's I ever played, no doubts about that. I won't say its the best out of all RPGS ever made, but it is one of them, for sure.

Edit: Oh, btw, I forgot about SMRPG! Yah, you've got taste, my friend, lol!

So, so true! =D

Update on the site.

They added a six digit number on the left of the clock, and it's counting down.

It's in second, so at the time of this post (354600-ish), it comes out to 5910 minutes, or98.5 hours, or 4.1 days.

I think that's when the site starts displaying new pics or details, making it even more official than it already is.

Update on the site.

It's in second, so at the time of this post (354600-ish), it comes out to 5910 minutes, or98.5 hours, or 4.1 days.

I think that's when the site starts displaying new pics or details, making it even more official than it already is.

I kind of would like to think that they wouldn't make such a big deal out of this announcement if it were just a direct port. I mean...there has GOT to be something phenomenally new to show...right?

All I can say is about fuckin' time!

But one thing I don't get: Why everyone juding the game already in terms of content when we haven't seen any screenshots or heard any music as of yet?

(HOLY SHIT!!! As I post this, there's a image of Crono in the upper-right area of my computer screen!)

But one thing I don't get: Why everyone juding the game already in terms of content when we haven't seen any screenshots or heard any music as of yet?

Because people on the internet like to yell their opinions at each other, and because we're all absolutely correct about everything.

Also, http://www.gamekyo.com/news28155_chrono-trigger-ds-premieres-images.html

(HOLY SHIT!!! As I post this, there's a image of Crono in the upper-right area of my computer screen!)

Yes, it happens. Calm down, it's just a coincidence.

Update on the site.

Countdown ends on July 7 at midnight.

It appears the Japanese site has gone live.... yet the american site still has no countdown.

Yep, thats my Chrono Trigger alright!

2D, Mode 7 usage, combo attacks, kickass chiptune music (including the first known usage of a Rickroll), and all our favorite characters!

I personally feel this is a good idea seeing as how there is no fucking way in hell that I bet anyone would allow Squenix right now possibly ruin a classic by completely redoing it.

INTERNET. Serious fucking business of all kinds.

I think SE was just being overly-protective of their property than anything else. They saw how far it was going, and they didn't want to risk any kind of problems in the future.

It also resulted in funny SE-bitching and conspiracy theories involving an official 3D remake for a long time. Some fun was had, so it was all good.

I personally feel this is a good idea seeing as how there is no fucking way in hell that I bet anyone would allow Squenix right now possibly ruin a classic by completely redoing it.

I sincerely agree with you! sure it could look cool and play differently but it might never capture the subtle awesomeness of the old game. keep it the same and I'll be happy. Change it and I'll also be happy, I'll probably just look at it like a different game completely. I'm still Excited beyond reason.

It seems that local wireless play will feature 1 to 4 player co-op mode, whatever that is supposed to mean... You can have three other people take over other characters (but you can only have three characters at a time, though)? Mini-games?

I wonder if they aren't planning a full blown remake for the consoles and are just using this to remind everyone what Chrono Trigger is.

Agreed. This would be the sort of thing that would infuriate and annoy people, only to have those same people turn around and buy the new version as well.

Yeah sorry but when we call for a sequel for years and years and years and they finally attempt to appease us by giving us a friggin' remake, that just won't cut it

I have Chrono Trigger. I have the god damn ROM, just in case something bad happens to my cartridge. I don't need to play it anymore, especially since I can almost rhyme most of the dialog by heart.

I am sick of tired of getting remakes of games that don't need to be remade. The only games that need a remake are Ocarina Of Time (and that's not for at least another ten years) and Half-Life (and that's hopefully being taken care of).

I wonder if they aren't planning a full blown remake for the consoles and are just using this to remind everyone what Chrono Trigger is.

Now that is something that brings hope to my heart. I hope that's what it is.

I am sick of tired of getting remakes of games that don't need to be remade. The only games that need a remake are Ocarina Of Time (and that's not for at least another ten years) and Half-Life (and that's hopefully being taken care of).

Chrono Trigger could be well worth a remake if it were actually that. What Chrono Trigger doesn't need is a port which is what this looks like. Im always gonna be for a Xenogears remake.

FLAWLESS LOGIC.

I don't see where getting annoyed that someone is asking me to buy something I already own and have enjoyed for years simply because they would like more money is illogical

In fact I think the only thing illogical in this thread is getting all excited for a port of something we've all already played forever - as well as have heard quite enough of, musically (no small thanks to OCR)

Oh but wait it's CRNOCNOW WTIWIAGAR