OCR00970 - Super Mario Bros. 3 "Battle Rocks"

djpretzel

WOW. Easily one of the best remixes on this site. This sounds like music from a deleted scene of The Blues Brothers. At first I was a bit skeptical (as I was when I first saw The Blues Brothers). But after the first time I realized, wow, something amazing just happened here. The second time around I noticed my foot was tapping and my head was bobbing the entire time.

Dig.

This is awesome! I'm not sure what genre I'd call this. It isn't exactly funk, but it DEFINITELY isn't jazz. Or at least I wouldn't call it jazz. Well anyways, while I enjoyed the whole song, I loved the soloing a lot more than the rest of it. Sometimes it seemed almost... corny. But like I said, it's awesome, and very deserving of the first "FUCKIN" I've ever seen Darkesword put before "SOLID". :D

AmIEvil R0x0rz j00r b0X0rz!!!!11

I was very impressed with this arrangement! It extraordinarily fills the gap that the Nintendo Entertainment System's sound left it. AmiEvil has definitely exposed the full potential of this piece, making it in the most logical and wonderful style.

It's hard to distinguish music composed on a computer and a live piece these days. I'm going with live piece. There's NO WAY this sound could be replicated with any Gigasamples or soundfonts or crap like that. Then again... if it is, it's THE most realistic computerized composition... ever...

EVAR!

Anyways, regardless of it being live or not, I thoroughly enjoyed this remix. It made me of course, think back to the 70s, and the Blues Brothers. This is a swingin groovy song. Must download.

It's hard to distinguish music composed on a computer and a live piece these days. I'm going with live piece. There's NO WAY this sound could be replicated with any Gigasamples or soundfonts or crap like that. Then again... if it is, it's THE most realistic computerized composition... ever...

Maybe you don't play one of these instruments or something, but you can tell it's fake.

Great brass samples, though. In passing, most probably wouldn't be able to tell it wasn't real (until you turned it up).

AmIEviL? Yes, you are.

GOOD GRAVY I LOVE THIS THIS TRACK!!!

i've loved almost ALL of AmIEvil's pieces, but this one takes the f**king cake!!! a real smooth yet pounding beat that you can really dance to. Will make your most depressed feelings shatter like a martini glass to granite. altho i could say it sorta moves away from the original at points, that doesnt mean it cant be SOME SERIOUS TUNAGE!!!

MAJOR THANKS to AmIEvil for making such an awesome track, you dunno how many of my bad days you just turned around

Who said it was?

Well...

Great brass samples
they ARE samples?! Wow...i had entertained the possibility cuz i thought there were a couple times the sax coulda slurred some notes instead of it being so staccato

that doesn't mean they were specifically speaking of the sax as being a brass instrument, there are brass in this song you know?

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00970 - Super Mario Bros. 3 "Battle Rocks"